21

|| Your POV ||

⏭ Days later ⏭️

(I suggest you listed to Happier by Marshmello while reading this :>)

Today is a day I should celebrate, so I asked Taehyung to meet me at their cafe.

I sat their smiling to myself.

After months of hard work, I finally got it.

Taehyung finally arrived and sat in front of me. "So? Is this good news or bad news?"
He asked. I smiled brightly.

"Definitely a good news, Tae!"
I said in an excited tone.

"Then what is it?" he asked smiling slightly, getting excited himself.

"I GOT A PROMOTION!!!" I exclaimed. I didn't care if people were startled, yes, I'm insensitive right now. And this is what Taehyung feels right now too. "NO WAY!" he shouted back.
He hugged me, "Congratulations!!"
"Thank you!! And because of that, may I ask for your help to invite guests to my apartment for celebration? I'll do the rest."

"No problem! But! We have to celebrate here too. Tell me what you want, it's on the house!"
"Aye, captain!"
We laughed and hopped to the counter.

We ordered and enjoyed the time. I couldn't help but to feel extra happy that I get to celebrate it with him. I still love him and I think I'll forever will.

This thought brought me sudden sadness. Forever loving him is possible unless I disappear in his life. Someday he'll find someone and marry, have children and have the perfect life he always wanted to have. We always talk about our future before we graduate from college. He always dreamt of having a boy and a girl as his children. He wanted to provide a good home for his future family, he wanted his children to master saxophone. He wanted the boy to play the piano and the girl play violin.

He wanted to find someone who'll be with him for the rest of his life because he's not a fan divorce. Someone who can love his everything: attitude, negative side, positive side. He wanted someone he will love even in the next life.

And that won't be me.

As much as I wanted, it will not be me.

As a coward I am, I have to leave him free.

I know he told me not to leave him but it's the only way for him to find his love. And I'm blocking his path.

"Y/n are you ok?" Tae asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. I looked at him, his curious eyes followed mine.

No. I can't let go.

I smiled and stood up. "It's time for party!" I grabbed his wrist and pulled him. I gave him a list of the guests he should invite. "oh! And Tae! Feel free to add additional guests even if I know them or not."
He smiled brightly and nodded.

I went to the grocery to shop for foods. After that, I went home and cooked a lot of foods.

I placed the wines on the table together with the foods.

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang and my guests came in. Everyone congratulated me and I received way too many hugs.

"Thank you, everyone"

The party started. Good thing my apartment is quite big so the number of guests fit. I saw a lot of people whom I never met, but they congratulated me anyway.

I just sat there whilst sipping my wine, while watching the crowd. I spotted Jimin approaching me. He smiled at me while brushing his hair back.

Attractive.

"Congratulations, keep it up!" he held a fist up and I thanked him.
He got a wine glass and I poured him some.
"Worth the stress, huh?"
"Definitely." I said, smiling in a relaxed manner.
We talked for a while until Taehyung came.
"hi hyung."
"hey"
I looked at their expressionless faces, "What is up with the two of you?"
"Y/n, can we talk?" Taehyung answered my question with a question. Great.

I nodded and we went out the crazy crowd to my balcony.
"Y/n I know Jimin confessed to you."
I was shocked, "Taehyung, I'm sorry I didn't get to tell you. I'm so so sorry."
"You can't hide anything from me, y/n, whether you tell me or not. But I was hoping it would be coming from you."

I looked at the ground, "I was about to tell you, but really, I'm really sorry."

"Why didn't you accept him yet, then?"

I sighed and looked away, "I don't see him the way he sees me."

Taehyung turned his head to me. This resulted to me chuckling bitterly,
"Now I understand you completely, Tae."
I said and turned my back. I turned to him once again, "Come on Tae. Party's not yet over" I plastered on a smile. I know he knows it's fake but I want to keep my strong
image.

||Taehyung's POV ||

⏭️ night time ⏭️

Now I understand you completely, Tae.

This statement was stuck in my mind for the whole entire day. And it's night time now and I'm still stuck in the thought.

I'm really sorry y/n, for making you suffer.

I don't want to play around the bush anymore. I'll tell her what I really feel.

|| Your POV ||

Mood swings. I hate it. One time, I'm happy, suddenly I'm crying. I'm dangerously attached and in love to Taehyung.

Great, what am I supposed to do now?