7

|| Your POV ||

⏭ December 24, Morning ️⏭

I woke up and immediately and did my morning routine. Everyone was in the living room already. I gave them their gifts and I opened their gifts for me.

Yoongi's gift was an mp3 player. "I have all RM's and my songs there!" he said. "Awe! Thank you! I'll listen to it everyday!"

MinHye's gift was a Mac make up kit set. My eyes widened. "This is expensive! You didn't have to!"
"Silly! You deserve that!" I thanked her.

Umma and Appa's gifts are both simple, yet elegant dresses. "Thank you all very much!" I hugged them all one last time.
I took my luggage from my bedroom and went to the living room again.
"Merry Christmas and happy new year y'all! Buh-bye!"
We said our goodbyes.

I decided to give Jungkook a gift too, so I went to his cafe. I saw him talking to a guy sitting on a stool in front of the counter and had his back turned at me. But I didn't pay attention to him and went to Jungkook.
"Oh? Y/n?"
"Merry Christmas, Jungkook!" I smiled and gave him his gift.

"Y-y/n?"
I turned to the guy. My body froze.

The guy was Taehyung.

|| Taehyung's POV ||

⏮ December ️23 ⏮️

I was so stressed. I missed y/n. I have been locking myself in my apartment. I can't even call y/n.

I decided to go back home in Daegu to relive my stress.

|| Your POV ||

⏯️ back to the previous scene ⏯️

"Taehyung?"

Jungkook stopped. "He's the Taehyung you're talking about?"
I nodded, still not looking away from Taehyung.

"What are you doing here, Tae?"
Jungkook gave both of us our hot chocolate drinks.
"I live here." he replied bluntly. I choked.
"Y/n! Are you ok?!" Jungkook then came running to me, patting my back. Taehyung glared at him and pat my back too.
"I'm ok guys. But Tae! What do you mean you live here?!"
"umm I was born here?"
"Me too!"
Now it was Taehyung's turn to choke.
"Whoa"

The three of us chatted a little. Tae and I decided to walk around the beach because Jungkook told us to. And I knew what that meant. I had to follow Jungkook's advise and talk to him.

We were walking with silence when he suddenly fished something out of his sweater pocket. "Here, my Christmas gift."
"haha! Isn't it too early?"
"I want to see you where it." he smiled. I opened the expensive-looking box. It was a beautiful necklace. It was a gold necklace with an anchor.
"Tae! I love it!"
"I'm glad you do." he took it and put it on my neck. I blushed a little at his sudden move. "there. It looks pretty on you!"
I blushed even more.

"Darn, now I think my gift for isn't as sentimental." I complained.
"hmm let's see then!"
We laughed.

We sat on the sand and I decided to start.

"Tae? I realized we really should talk about things going on. You were right. We can't just ignore it forever."

He just looked at me and nodded. "You start first."

"Well, first of all, I have a bad news for you. I've been feeling guilty about it and I hope you don't get angry. But if you do, I understand."

"it's fine, let's talk without any tension, let's talk without hesitations. So let's tell everything we need to tell."

I sighed. "Well, remember when MinHye told you she was engaged? Turned out, she had been in a relationship for five years... with my brother." I looked down.

"oh.. Yoongi hyung?"
"you still remember him?"
"of course, his was actually my idol. I want to be as strong and smart as him. He's also famous now. He can prove himself to the world. He's an admirable man to both male and female."

"wow, I never thought my brother was that great. All I can see is that he's an annoying person!" we laughed.

"but I really feel guilty and I hate it that I can't do anything about it. Sorry, Taehyung."
I stared at the ocean and sighed.

He was silent for a while and I heard him laugh bitterly. "It's fine, as long as she's happy, then I'll try to be happy. For her. I'm curious though, y/n" he turned his body towards me.

"hmm?" I looked back.

"Do you feel the same? Do you feel happy when I'm happy?"

"Of couse, you're my best friend right? And the fact that I like you, then yes, I do try to be happy for you. But when I saw you in tears, it was contagious. I got sad as well. Maybe that's how it feels like when you're in love. You give your heart to them and they take control of your emotions."

He looked down and felt uneasy.

"Actually, y/n, to be honest, I don't know what I feel about you. I mean, we're besties and my mind is set like that. I don't want to destroy our beautiful friendship we built."
He explained. Why?

Because he simply cannot accept me.

Yep, I'm still in the friend-zone. And it really broke my heart. I want to get rid of it!

"It's fine, you don't have to like me back, you know. Let's not worry about it because I'll move on, promise."
I said this even though my heart was completely sad. I said it even though I know it's going to be really hard, and that I might not even be able to get rid of it.

"When I found out that you left, I felt so alone. So please don't do that again. I can't live without my best friend."
He smiled warmly at me. His famous boxy smile displayed. I love it and how his bangs rest on his forehead. His eyes brightened by the early morning beams of the light. I'll never get used it.

His words made me both happy and sad. There's nothing else I can do. I guess I have to stay by his side as the friend he wanted me to be.