Chapter 4 - Assault

I quickly turned around not thinking of what could be behind me, and swung my baseball bat. It hit the side of the wooden door frame causing it to crunch loudly. I quickly backed away from the tall suit that stood in the hallway. The ceiling in the hallway was much taller than the room we backed into, so whatever wore that night black suit was standing at full height, it might have even been bending down a bit. Whatever stood there in the hallway lowered itself down to look into the room. If it even could look at anything. It's blank face glanced at me, then quickly turned it's head to Anthony, who seemed to be trying to get up.

Branches started flying out of its back. Each one looked like pure darkness. They moved quickly, making it hard for me to see exactly where they were heading. I stood in shock as they wrapped around Anthony. I tried to bring my arms up to swing my bat at the branches, but something was holding them back. I turned my head to see my arms entangled in the same mess as Anthony was in.

"Anthony!" I yelled out as he disappeared in the darkness. My arms struggled to break free of the black hold. The shadows began crawling up my skin. I screamed loudly knowing no one would hear me. I was sure that was when I died.

I woke up in the same room I found Anthony in. I was on the floor, it was cold even though it was made of carpet. I tried pull myself of the ground but found my arms weak. I turned my head to the window to see the sun peaking out between the blinds.

"Anthony?" I called out quietly.

"Up here." He responded. His voice was coming from on top of the bed.

"What the hell was that?" I tried raise my self up again with little success.

"I have know freaking idea." I heard movement coming from the bed.

There was a pause, I grabbed on to the bedside and pulled my self up. Anthony had himself up and looking out the window.

"One minute I was in the forest the next I was here." Anthony said, his eyes darting across the land outside.

"You were in the forest," I raised my voice, "you were in the forest!" I repeated it louder.

"I wanted proof that your doing all of this crap!" He faced me, his eyes burnt into mine.

"Is this the proof you wanted? An attack?" I moved my hands around crazily, shaking.

"Calm down," He got up, "I think we're both a little worked up from what happened."

"Yeah I guess." I said.

"Anyways, you probably should go put on some clothes." He smiled and walked out.

I opened the door of my bedroom and walked out. I put my cellphone in my pocket and walked into the living room. Anthony sat on the couch watching T.V.

"She's on her way." I flung myself on to the couch.

"What should we do?" He said staring into the television.

"That's why we're getting her." I looked out the window and saw a girl running towards the house. She wore a black and gray shirt with black jeans and beanie hat covering a little of her hair, Emily. She slowed down in front of the house. She came to a complete stop at the door. Her mouth opened slowly. She pulled out get cellphone, seconds later, my phone rang.

"Come see this." Emily whispered into the phone.