Chapter 1 - Discovery

"Derrick did you grab the camera?" We we're setting up for the new movie I was creating, Slender Kids, I hadn't seen many Slender Man movies with children in them so, I thought hey why not? Derrick shook his head flinging his blond hair, and began walking out of the forest and back to the house, we were at our friend Anthony's because he has a vast woods with a lot of nice filming spots and he was as interested in the Slender Man as us. Derrick was tall and thin and we almost made him the Slender Man for the movie, but his long hair would have been hard to hide. "Emily, you and Anthony figure out what you're gonna do for the next shoot, I'm gonna go find a spot." I said walking into the forest.

        I wasn't afraid of the Slender Man anymore, I had researched so much he should have found me by now. I looked down at the ground, my black converse started getting dirt on them, my long, dark brown hair kept flying in front of my eyes. I felt inside my pocket to find a note I had written to myself. It held notes on good spots in the forest. The shadows of the trees covered most of the ground, I must have been paranoid, but it seems like some were moving, but it probably was just my paranoia I've had since the first creepy campfire story I was told.

        Some trees had been knocked over due to storms and other natural means, so I had to climb over some logs. The leaves and branches of the trees swayed back and forth in hypnotic patterns, my footsteps and the wind were almost the only thing I could hear. I passed a small clearing where a light fell down on to the grass, it was a very peaceful spot, I sat down and began to think.

        "Emily, I love you." I said to the breeze. My mind quickly established a picture, long blond hair with dark streaks of black and purple going over the left side of beautiful blue eyes. In the thought she wore what she was wearing that day, a black and white striped jacket with a black shirt. Her black jeans ran down to the same black converse I wore. We were a lot a like in many ways. Her slim black glasses held back the beauty of the eyes. She was tall a slim, like me. Her freckles dotted around her cheeks seemed to dance beneath her eyes. She was smiling. We had been dating for seven months and we loved each other to pieces. Next to her stood Anthony, one of my closest friends. His black hair covered his eyes, he was also wearing the same thing he was wearing that day, a simple black shirt with a simple pair of jeans with, again, black converse. He was just a little shorter than me, he was laughing next to Emily, they almost looked like they matched, we all sort of matched.

        Then my mind showed Derrick, Jarrid, and Julia standing a little bit away from the two and a bit farther back. Jarrid wasn't there that day so my mind filled in the blanks of clothing with complete randomness, he was short, but he was strong, no one really messed with him at school, so he was a bit bulkier than the rest of us. Derrick was standing there with his hand on Jarrid's head, they were almost better friends than me and Anthony. Standing a few feet away was Julia. She was thin, and I mean thin, you almost could see her ribs through her clothes. She was about as tall as Anthony. She was wearing a red sweater with a small black skirt. She wore delicate sandals, that looked like they were hand made. Her long red hair flowed behind her, showing no flaws, her freckles surrounded her cheeks and above them glowed her hazel eyes. 

     They all were smiling and laughing, I enjoyed the moments I saw them like this, the sad thing is that they were rare, they all fought each other once in awhile, even me, but the month was special, we all were at peace, but who knows how long it will last.

         I checked my watch, I saw that it had been 10 minutes since I had left the others. I quickly shoved my hand in my pocket, in search of my cellphone, but shortly realised I had left it with Emily before lunch so she could play a game I had downloaded on to it. I began to turn around when something had caught my eye. I looked to the dirt pile next to the tree, there was something shining very faintly, It curved back down into the ground. My curiosity couldn't control itself, three seconds later I found myself digging around to find what lay beneath the dirt. Excitement filled my body quickly, my fingernails filling with dirt as the wood of the box was revealed. I dug deeper until I found it, It was a small chest. There was a an odd design of locks on the.  The box was made of a dark brown wood. The rusted metal spun and entwined in a intricate design that connected to the locks. The middle locked seemed to be the center of an eye, the edges of the eye touched the inside of the outer two locks. I traced my finger around the design. I picked up the box and it was surprisingly light. I began running towards the way I had came.