Fragments

Halo Eight: Fragments:

Mikado felt the sharp pain in his head while on the phone tonight. It's gotten worse lately. The visions in his head began to feel more read than they ever had in the past. He could smell the bleach as he felt himself strapped down the hospital bed. New details came with this latest brutal attack.

The other patients moaned in pain their beds. A man, no two men, in grey scrubs walked around injecting god knows what into their arms. He couldn't tell if this was from a dream or his own memories. When would he have been in a hospital? But, it didn't look like any hospital that he had seen been. That place looked like some sort of an institution or prison. It would probably explain why he was strapped down in the bed. Mikado took in deep breaths as the bleach smell was powerful enough to knock him out tonight.

"I'm sorry," he said, gulping. "I don't think I can continue this conversation anymore. I don't feel well. Good night." Mikado hung up before the caller could ask questions. He sank to the floor, panting. Strangely, he began to feel better.

He's not the only one who feels it.

-Masaomi-

He felt his own pain. It started three weeks ago with a sharp ache just below his left shoulder. Today, the Yellow Scarves' leader felt it to the pain that he had to grit his teeth to keep himself from screaming. This time, right under his shoulder to his fingers felt numb. I can't feel arm! I can't feel my arm! He broke into a sweat as he panicked. Masaomi took a deep breath when the pain subsided. He flexed his fingers to feel any sensation. The Yellow Scarves' Leader looked at his arm. Everything looked fine and he hadn't done anything strenuous to cause such injury.

Before his pains, Masaomi noticed something about his phone. At first, the screen went pitch black. He smacked his phone and took out the battery. Sure the screen would come back up, but Saki's picture would be fainted, blurry, or look wavy. The weirdest thing was the people at the cell phone store said nothing was wrong with his phone.

"Are you sure?" Masaomi asked.

"Yeah," the guy at the desk said. "Everything looks fine. How long have you had this phone?"

Masaomi did a quick count in his head. "About... four or five years?"

"Wow! This phone's in great condition!" The guy behind the desk handed Masaomi his phone back. "I don't what to tell you." The Yellow Scarves' Leader found himself stuck as his looked at his phone acting normal for a change.

As for his arm, Masaomi went to the school nurse to have it examined. Junko looked at his left arm up and down.

"It looks barry to me," she said. "How long have you had these pains?"

"Three weeks."

"I see." Junko wrote down some notes on her clipboard. "Think it might be a psychological cause?"

Masaomi's eyes trailed over to the nurse. "Huh?"

"You know, something you feel guilty about and maybe that's why you're imaging the pain and numbness in your arm."

He shook his head, confused. "No..."

Junko raised an eyebrow. "No?"

"I don't have any guilt and the pain in my arm is real."

"Are you sure about that?"

Masaomi gritted his teeth in a painful-looking smile. She's just as bad as Izaya. "Yes, I am."

Junko closed up her pen. "You aren't a good liar, Kida-kun. But then again, you already knew that, didn't you?"

Masaomi tilted his head. Hasn't she told me that before?