66: Love and Pain

Start from the beginning

"I know."

"Good."

Natahimik ulit ang lalaki saka uminom ng wine. Emy was not drinking. Bukod sa natatakot siya dahil buntis siya, she had already cursed the drink dahil na rin sa sakit ng ulo na binigay nito sa kanya the last time she drank.

"Anyway, you have never told me why you want to be an Emperor. Is it because you know you are rightful to be one or do you have another reason?"

Sebastian was silent for a moment. Mukhang hindi nito inaasahan ang tanong niya. But then, after a while, he opened his mouth to speak.

"I learned when I was young that power can protect people, especially those people who are important for you.

"I was five when I found out na hindi ako anak ng Emperor and that my real family died because of traitors. Then I also learned that the Emperor took in my mother who was pregnant at that time just to protect her from the people who was trying to harm her.

"After knowing those, I realize na dahil si Papa ang pinakamakapangyarihan na tao sa buong Grey kaya niya kami napprotektahan noon ni Mama. Ever since, I aimed to be there in Papa's seat. I wanted to protect my people, especially those important for me."

Emy nodded. She realized that on that aspect, he and she werr the same. Both of them just wanted to protect the people important for them. Kaya nga lang, unlike Sebastian, she doesn't believe that having the highest title alone can do that.

It is still up to what you can do... to the extremities you are willing to risk and sacrifice on their behalf.

***

Mabilis na lumipas ang araw at bumalik na ulit si Sebastian sa pagiging busy. Emy also heard na nagbalik na sila Xeno at Misa. And that they were not alone in coming back here.

Of course, Emy felt this as bad news. Actually, lahat ng tungkol sa dalawa, she took it as bad news. What else can they bring in Grey except trouble?

At mukhang tama siya.

One day, when she went to Diana's residence to see Diadem, she saw the mistress in distress. Diana was a mess. She was crying hard habang inaalo siya ni Lucy.

"What happened here?" She asked them. Of course, worry was all over her face. She knew Diana since they were a kid, but she had never seen her that hurt and looked dejected

Lucy just looked at her grimly.

"Vio brought home three women."

Natigilan si Emy. Three? What the hell? Just how lustful a guy can be for bringing three women home?

"They are not just simply his women, Emy, nor concubines. He is planning to marry them."

Hindi alam ni Emy kung paanong aaluhin ang kaibigan. Who would have thought that Vio could be this too much of a jerk?

Then she was suddenly struck by her conscience. She's the reason why Diana is in this situation now. If she didn't frame her before, she would not have ended up marrying him.

"I am sorry." Yun lang ang nasabi niya saka niya niyakap ang kaibigan.

Diana knew why she was saying sorry. But she didn't blame her. Emy might have framed her. But it is not like she didn't really love Vio. She loves him. And she really wants to marry him.

But this is just too painful for her. When she got Diadem, akala niya ay may pag-asa pa sila ni Vio. Pero wala na pala talaga. Maybe this is her retribution now. This is already probably the heaven's judgment to her af5er what she had done before.

***

That night, naabutan siya ni Sebastian na tinitingnan sa salamin ang tiyan niya. She just noticed it. Her tummy is getting bigger now.

Sebastian walked towards her. Then he hugged her and put his hand on her stomach.

"You are really pregnant now." He said while chuckling.

She smiled.

"I've just noticed too."

Then Sebastian made her face him matapos nitong maupo sa kanya.

"Are you excited?"

Emy made a face.

"What?" He chuckled at her expression.

"I saw Diana give birth. That was seriously scary. Luckily, she had me then. Just imagine if she was totally alone?"

Natigilan sandali si Sebastian. Then he stood and hugged her again. Both of them looked at each other on the mirror.

"If that scares you then I have to make sure na nandoon ako. I am sure mawawala ang takot mo kapag andoon ako."

Emy laughed. "Baka nga mauna ka pang mahimatay kesa sa akin."

They teased each other for a while. Then Emy remembered the event today.

"Sebastian..."

"Hmmn?"

"If you will bring home women, just tell me first, okay?"

Sebastian looked at her. Saka niya narealize na alam na ni Emy ang ginawa ng kapatid niya.

He clenched his jaw. "Vio and I are not the same."

"It is still not impossible, you know. Even the Emperor has multiple wives. I am not gonna stop you, you know. But ayokong magmukha akong tanga kagaya ni Diana. Wala siyang kaalam alam sa plano ni Vio. He just suddenly brought women and announced to marry her.

"If you will do that to me, I will surely kill you by my own hands."

Sebastian smiled.

"I won't even dream of doing that. If there's anyone here in Grey City who knows you best, that will be me. Alam ba nila kung gaano ka nakakatakot? Vicious, mean and fearless... That's what you are."

"Ah ganun?"

Sebastian nodded.

Emy threw his pillow on his face.

"Wag kang tumabi sa akin ha. Sa sahig ka matulog."

Sebastian was surprised for a moment. Mainly because hindi niya inaasahan na babatuhin siya nito. Pero nang lumipas na ang pagkagulat niya, hindi naman niya napigilang hindi mapatawa ng malakas.

"My, my... You're so moody, my wife."

***