seventy seven | narration

quite a long chap ahead

the lights started to dim as the music became louder. there was a spotlight that was shining on the center of the stage where neo will be on.

donghyuck was setting his light stick up. once he already did, he started waving it like the other fans. "mark lee!!!" he yelled. as if someone would hear him anyways.

kun was just laughing at the fanboy beside him. he never knew that neo's fans— or fans in general, are like this when it comes to their idols.

"chenle, here." jisung handed him his lightstick.

chenle looked at him and tilted his head sidewards. "why are you giving me your lightstick?" he asked.

the younger sighed, " i know how you want to cheer for winwin-hyung so bad..." he smiled.

"but ji, what are you gonna use?" he asked.

jisung sighed and grabbed chenle's hand. he placed the lighstick's handle on his palm and closed it. "don't think about me. i can enjoy this even without a lightstick." he smiled.

ten, yukhei and kun could only look at the two. they wanted to coo at them for being adorable. jeno looked at donghyuck who became silent for a while.

maybe he became mute for a while.

renjun scoffed, "i swear you two—"

"RENJUN SHUT UP OH MY GOD IT'S STARTING!" donghyuck pushed renjun's shoulder. causing him to bump jisung's shoulder.

maybe jeno was wrong.

"MARK LEE!!!!!" he yelled, putting his hands on the sides of his mouth.

the members of neo appeared and they walked towards the center of the stage.

they did their greetings and fortunately, donghyuck calmed down. he smiled when it was mark's turn to introduce himself.

mark smiled at the crowd and scanned the audience area for a while. "hello everyone!" he said, making he crowd yell even more. "mark imnida!" he took a bow. he was the last one to introduce himself, that's why his hyungs were just looking at him.

he smiled at the crowd once again, knowing that donghyuck is a part of the audience. his hyungs started to make some teasing noises.

"yah, mark! why do you look so happy today?" taeyong said, swinging his arms around his shoulder.

mark laughed and shook his head, "hyung, what are you saying?"

"yeah, taeyong. what are you saying? he's always happy, isn't he, guys?" johnny said and placed his microphone in front of the crowd. his other hand was in his ear, listening to their fans' replies.

the crowd replied a "yes" and it made mark laugh even more.

"i saw mark at the backstage texting someone..." taeil said, and the others looked at him.

"ooooh~" they all said, teasing him.

"yah, why are you guys like this? it's supposed to be a fan event but you guys are roasting me? that's unfair!" mark stomped his foot, pretending to be mad at them.

donghyuck laughed at his childish actions. he knows that neo's members were subtly talking about him. he wanted to play dumb, but he isn't that stupid too.

"i also saw donghyuck talking to mark earlier." renjun whispered, but donghyuck heard him clearly.

donghyuck just glared at him and slapped his arm.

"we aren't even roasting you!" yuta laugher.

"why are you guys doing this to me~" mark whined.

they laughed. "everyone! do you know why mark is like this?!" jaehyun asked the crowd and they responded a "yes."

"really? why though?! or to be more specific, who's the reason why?" winwin said, turning to mark, whose face was already starting to become red.

"winwin!!!" chenle cheered, waving the lightstick that jisung lend him. jisung could only smile at his boyfriend, satisfied that he was enjoying the event.

they all responded a "yes" except for donghyuck, who remained silent because h could already hear his heartbeat despite the loud music.

"is donghyuck here?" doyoung asked which made the crowd cheer.

"hyung what—" mark was about to stop his hyung from calling donghyuck, but his other hyungs also stopped him from stopping doyoung.

"have you seen lee donghyuck?" jungwoo asked and they all said yes.

"oh god why are they like this? why the fuck are they like this?!" donghyuck said, hiding his face in embarrassment even though they couldn't find him.

"as if you don't know them, hyuck." ten laughed at his actions.

"mark, i thought you have something to tell him?" taeil asked.

"ah~" mark just nodded, surrendering. he took a deep breath, pondering every strength and confidence left in his body. "have you seen hyuckie?" he asked them. "if you did, please send me a sign." he laughed.

"mark!!! hyuck is here!!!" jeno stood up and shout.

mark turned around. he heard jeno's voice but he can't identify which direction his voice is from. "wait, i can hear jeno..." he laughed.

"mark-hyung!!! donghyuck-hyung is here!!!" chenle stood up, and jumped up and down, waving his lighstick aggressively.

"chenle, sit down!!!" donghyuck said, scooting near the younger and pulling him down. but no to avail.

mark finally saw chenle, who was waving his lightstick to get this attention.

"oh, chenle!" winwin said when he also saw chenle jumping up and down.

donghyuck went back to hiss seat and covered his face using a handkerchief. "good lord this isn't happening.." he whispered. "i didn't wish for this oh my god..." he was mentally cursing.

he removed the handkerchief only to find out that mark was looking at him. even the cameras were on him.

"hi, hyuck." mark smiled.

--------
we're almost at the end :((