We both immediately jump up and quickly avoid everyone in front of us in order to get closer. As we're approaching the mass I can now clearly hear Wes's voice, angrier than ever. I can't decipher what he's saying, but it must be serious for him to blow up like that. He is usually good at controlling his anger, and he has a lot of it.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey!" Someone stops in front of us just as the situation is about to be visible to us. I look up to see Luke placing his hand on our shoulders. "You shouldn't go near."

"But what's going on?" I ask, already filled with worry. Then I notice his face, as well as the blood running down his cheek.

"Mel and Carter are there, don't worry." Luke tells me but it really doesn't do anything.

"I won't get involved, just let me see." I say and he looks at me with a warning look, but lets me through.

Just as I push through the people, I see Mel harshly grabbing Wes and pulling him away from the other guy, who is barely standing on his feet. Carter stands in front of him and starts pointing a finger at him while telling him something that sounds pretty scary. Then the three of them disappear from the circle. I feel a hand on my elbow and turn around to see Luke motioning at me to follow him. I go behind him and Hailey and we move behind the people and go up the stairs. We head towards Wes's apartment and once we get in I see all our friends standing around the boy sitting in the middle, with Carter by his side. I move towards him and crouch down next to the sofa.

"What's up, kitty?" He mumbles with a hard breath, his eyes barely opening, and I literally roll my eyes at him.

"If you thought you were gonna look good in blood, you don't." I say and see him smirk. This boy could fall off a plane and still pull that infamous smirk of his.

"You know what happened to Pinocchio when he lied." He shakes his finger at me, his hand completely covered in slits and bruises.

"Kat, you can stay with him, right? We have to solve some issues downstairs." Carter asks me and I look up at him with a confused look.

"What? Why me?"

"Why me?" Wes mocks me and it takes everything in me not to slap him right now.

"You can knock some sense into him. Please." Carter says, looking like he's in a hurry, and I let out a long sigh before nodding. They all exit the room, with Hailey smiling at me gently, and I'm left with this ball of sunshine. Hence the sarcasm.

"You know, the scars will look good." Wes continues to speak and by now I've figured out his state.

"Oh, so you're drunk." I pull a face and he laughs, confirming my theory. Great, now it's going to be ten times harder to babysit him. I just hope the others will come back soon.

"Alright. Stay here." I order and walk over to the kitchen, opening multiple cabinets in order to try and find the first aid kit. Once I spot it, I walk backto where Wes is sitting and examining his knuckles.

"Does it hurt?" I ask and kneel down beside him.

"Nah. Just stings a little." He answers and I'm glad he can give me a proper one, because my nerves are short and I don't have the strength to bicker with him.

I nod and place my hand on his forehead, gently moving his hair away. The cut above his eyebrow seems to be the worst and it looks like it's still bleeding. In that moemnt I realise I've lied when I said blood doesn't look good on him. His eyes flutter and close as I take a gauze pad and carefully dab around the wound.