Although I was suspicious at first, I mean after what my family and I had done to their family who wouldn't be, but to my surprise everything so far was running smoothly.

"Right boys you are dismissed" I sighed shooing my bodyguards away as I walked into my penthouse apartment that overlooked the ocean.

I know the guards were meant to follow me everywhere to protect me but it was becoming irritating now, I mean I'm an original vampire for Christ's sake I think I could protect myself.

I slammed the door in their faces dropping my shopping bags to the floor with a huff.

"That wasn't very nice" a masculine voice chuckled.

"Tristan, I didn't expect you" I smirked walking past him to get myself a glass of whiskey.

"Edith has been going on and on about how beautiful it is here so I thought I'd see the place for myself, and I was in the area".

"You're alone?" I questioned.

"I am" he assured me.

Usually, everywhere Tristan went his sister Aurora followed, even after all these centuries I couldn't stand the crazy redhead, she had after all tried to steal my husband, then started a relationship with Kol, only to break his heart.

I was always sure Aurora used Kol because she couldn't have Nik.

Tristan and Edith knew my feelings toward Aurora and did their best to keep us apart.

Therefore, I avoided Aurora like the plague if I didn't I'd rip her head off and that would be unfortunate as I had a good thing going.

"What do you think of Rio?"

"The scenery is spectacular" he smirked staring directly at me.

I knew he had a crush on me, he flirted every opportunity he got sometimes I'd flirt back it was in my nature, but that's as far as it went.

Tristan was handsome, he dressed well and treated me like a princess, which was suspicious at first, it was only when Edith informed me that he had fancied me since he was human that I let my guard down and got to know him a little better.

"So are you here for business or pleasure" I flirted.

"Pleasure I hope" he replied taking my half-drank whiskey from my hands and sipping it himself.

"Cute" I scoffed pouring a new glass for myself.

"I have reservations at a restaurant in the city tonight at seven, will you join me?"

"Well I was going to wash my hair but I can cancel" I joked.

"It's a date princess" he smiled kissing my cheek sending warm tingles throughout my body.

It was 2 AM by the time we got back to my apartment, we had eaten, danced, drank a ton of fine whiskey and a few tourists, it was the perfect evening, I couldn't remember that last time I had this much fun with someone.

"Who would have thought prim and proper Tristan had a fun side" I teased unlocking my door, my companion following behind me.

"What can I say you bring out a different side to me" he shrugged helping he out of his suit jacket he had given me on the way home.

"Well I quite like this Tristan" I mused.

"I mean it Thyra, you bring out this carefree, lovable sap" he spoke stepping closer to me.

"Tristan..."

"I like spending time with you Thyra, in fact, I find myself wanting to spend all of my time with you" he whispered just inches from me.