Chapter Three|Dreams and Nightmares

Mia POV

"What would you like?" Asked the waiter.

"Can I have beef nachos with cheese over top, curly fries, and a watermelon drink please?" The waiter took down my order on her notepad.

"It'll be ready shortly."

"Thank you."

The waiter left, as I sat alone on the couch.

Why did I even come to this party? There was no benefit from it anyway. Well except free food. Maybe music will help me calm my nerves, besides the song playing wasn't even a song that I knew.

I pulled out my beats and connected them to my phone. I shuffled my playlist and another song that I've been listening to frequent comes on.

imagine by Ariana Grande.

🎵Step up the two of us, nobody knows us🎵
🎵Get in the car like, "Skrrt"🎵
🎵Staying up all night, order me pad thai🎵
🎵Then we gon' sleep 'til noon🎵
🎵Me with no makeup, you in the bathtub🎵
🎵Bubbles and bubbly, ooh🎵
🎵This is a pleasure, feel like we never act this regular🎵

A tap occurred on the side of beats which got my attention.

"Davon?" I took the whole thing off my head and wrapped it around my neck.

"I got bored of Tyler because of all his bs, so I decided to come over here." He slouched a lil on the couch next to me and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Why?"

"What you mean why?"

"Why come over here of all places?"

"Because."

"Because what?" I turned to face Davon, sitting under my leg and placing my arm on the couch.

"None of your business."

Davon has always been so secretive and isolated. Sometimes physically and always mentally. I wish that I could see what it's like inside his head. But right now with that grumpy mad face on I don't know what else to do.

"Why are you smiling like that?" He asked with a mad tone in his voice.

"Because of you."

Davon looks at me astonished then he turned his head, not making me see his final reaction.

"Did I catch you off guard?" I giggled near his ear.

"Shut up."

"Oh don't worry," I got really close to his ear and whispered softly, "there'll be plenty more where that came from,"

I broke out of my composure and started to laugh. He still didn't look me in the eye with his head turned to the side.

"I'm sorry for teasing you, Davon,"

"Yea whatever,"

I finally regained my self-control. Looking straight ahead, I saw a girl singing up on the stage.

"Hey, Davon?"

"What?" He said eventually facing back towards me.

"Record me."

"What?" He has a confused look on his face. The 'what the heck are you talking about' face.

"I'm going to go up on stage,"

"Up on stage?" He still had that face on.

"Just do it! Hurry!" I took off my bag and threw it at him. "Watch my bag."