Chapter One|The Fight

Mia POV

"I like that shirt," Chloe complimented.

"I haven't worn it in a while, so I thought that it would be nice to wear it today," I replied.

We walked from the food section of the cafeteria to our "assigned seats" with the rest of our friends.

"Hi y'all," I greeted everybody.

Everybody said hey, good morning, or what's up in some kind of fashion.

I put the tray in front of me on the table as I sat down. Looking at the delicious food that I have placed on my plate, made me immensely drool in my mind.

Chloe sat down next to me.

I got me some saucy chicken alfredo, tater tots with melted cheese on top and my lemonade that I got from home.

I LOVE LEMONADE. IT'S SO GOOD.

Grabbing my fork, twirling the alfredo noddles and then putting it in my mouth made me have fireworks go off in my mouth.

"Since Jay and I have a project to work on," Micheal said starting off the conversation. "We won't come over to Mia's house for game night."

"It's ard," I said drenching my thirst quench with my lemonade.

Sometimes, this happens. If one person doesn't go, we all don't go.

"Yea, don't worry about it," Chloe followed up. Without another word coming out of anybody's mouth, there was a clashing of chairs coming from behind me.

"What the hell?!" Jay stood up from his chair.

Micheal, Chloe and I followed, all of us getting a better view of what's going on.

"Davon?" I'm stunned.

From what I'm seeing, Davon just punched, I assume, a new kid. Now people are holding him back.

This isn't right.

This isn't fair.

This shouldn't happen to anyone.

"I'm going in there," I went into the fight head on.

"Mia! Come back here!" I hear Jay shout.

"Come back here now!" Yelled Micheal. "It's none of your business!"

I don't care if it's none of my business, I'm gonna stop this fight. One way or another.

"What the hell is your problem?!"

I blocked the boy, not expecting the outcome.

The whole cafeteria went quiet and everything had eyes on Davon, the boy, and I. I continuously stare at Davon. What was his problem anyway?! He didn't have to run up on the boy and hit him like that outta nowhere?!

"You don't even know the half of it and your gonna stick up for him!"

"You're right, I don't know but I do know that you came up to a random boy and punched him!"

Davon gave an animalistic growl that seeped through his teeth. I have to ignore him for now. He's not the one that's hurt.

I turned around to the boy that was the victim of it all.

"Hey, are you alright?" I allowed him to use me as a crutch. "I'm gonna take you to the nurse,"

"You don't have to,"

"Don't be stupid. I'm taking you whether you like it or not.

We pushed pass Davon and the other bystanders.