Chapter 3

It was two days after the Caleb incident.  There was no way me and Caleb could ever go out for real. I mean he’s gross and bad and no! But I don’t know that for sure. And those eyes! Lost puppies. They sink into your soul. What am I saying? That could never happen and I don’t want it to. 

There was five minutes left of school and I was desperately happy. After the girls and I went over Spencer’s house the other day, we made plans to go to the Brew after school this afternoon. 

I felt someone looking at me. 

Of course! Caleb was in this class with me and he was probably looking at me with that stupid smirk on his face. 

4 minutes…

I couldn’t take this anymore. Everyone was packing up and talking anyway so I turned around to face Caleb.

“What!” I said directly at him. 

“Oh nothing.” He said. “Just thinking about that wonderful time we will have.”

“Ugh. Just stop!” I replied clearly showing my disgust. 

“You know Hanna, in all seriousness, I don’t want to go on this date anymore than you.”

“Yea. Sure. And I never want my phone back.” 

“No. I’m serious. I don’t want people to treat me like some shadow in the night. And with my business, I don’t want people to think they can walk all over me and not pay the full amount.” 

The bell rang at the exact wrong time. I wanted to finish the conversation, and figure out if he was serious. For some reason I think he feels the same way about me that I do about him.  He doesn’t totally hate me, but he doesn’t really want to go out with me. But we both really don’t know anything about each other. But whatever. 

“Whatever. I have plans to catch.” I said and started walking away.

“See you around!” he replied and I could picture that smile on his face That annoying smile. 

“And just stop with that smile. It’s extremely annoying!” I said and walked out, but I could picture Caleb behind me obviously confused but smiling a

************************************************************************************

I finally got to the Brew. I stepped out of my car and instantly saw my friends siting in a table outside. 

“Nice of you to show,” Aria said and the other girls smiled. 

“Hey guys.” I said, waving to Spencer, Aria, and Emily. 

I walked to the seat across from Emily and sat down there.