Chapter 2

"So how could I help a girl like you?" Caleb asked.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I said a little defensively.

"Look in the mirror." He replied. "You must be desperate for something."

"Actually I am. But I guess I could just find another sketchy computer guy who would want to fix my phone. Oh well. Your loss." I said and started to walk away.

"Wait." I heard behind me. "What would you do you need?"

I smiled and turned around knowing he would call me back.

"Glad you changed your mind!" I said and smiled again.

The bell rang.

"Meet me at lunch under that tree near the end of the school." Caleb said and walked in the opposite direction of me.

I walked away from his locker satisfied. This guy might be a sketchy hacker but he's worth it.

*************************************

The bell finally rang signifying the end of 5th period. I finally had lunch. I grabbed a bag I had packed for lunch and went outside to search for Caleb.

"Looking for someone?" I heard a voice come from behind me.

I turned around and Caleb was leaning against the tree he had told me to meet him at.

"No I'm just standing here because I like trees." I replied sarcastically.

"Oh okay." Caleb said and I walked closer to him.

I pulled my phone out of my bag and extended my arm out to hand it to him.

He took it and examined it.

"Nice phone you got here. I'm guessing you use it a lot." He said.

"Well aren't you smart." I replied with an obvious fake smile.

"What's wrong with it?" He asked referring to my phone.

"It sucks. It won't turn on or off sometimes. And it's super slow. Not to mention nothing downloads onto it." I said back. "So how much for it?" I started looking in my bag for my wallet.

"Actually I want something else."

I stopped mid search.

"What? Some new clothes?"

"A date."

"You must be joking!" I said with a little laugh. "Why would I go on a date with you?"

"Well everyone treats me like a sketchy hacker here and I need some rep. So if we hang around a bit I'll get that." he said.

"Seriously. Ugh. Whatever. When do you want this date to happen?" I said with annoyance in my voice.

"Don't know yet. I'll fill you in when I do."

I cannot believe I was doing this.

"Fine. Have fun with that." I said and walked away instantly to fine my friends.

I saw Spencer sitting down and I walked over.

"Hey!" Spencer said to me as a sat down.

"Hi." I said back a little to sharply.

"What's up with you?" She asked me.

"I just made a deal with Sketchy over there. He said he would fix my phone if I went on a date with him."

"Wow. Nice one Hanna."

"This is what technology does to people." I said and Spencer laughed at me.

"What's so funny?" Emily said and walked over with Maya close by.

"Oh nothing. Hanna's just going to be dating some new territory." Spencer said and laughed some more.

"What?" Emily said confused and looked at Maya.

"Me and this guy made a deal. He's not even that bad okay." I said right away.

"Not that bad? Not that bad would be dating a dark shadow in the night compared to Caleb." Spencer said.

"You don't even know him." I said defensively even though I didn't know why. "He isn't terrible and he's not as sketchy as he looks."

"Sure." Spencer said and laughed again.

"Whatever." I replied and looked back at Emily. "What's up?"

"Nothing really we just wanted to say hi. We're going to the library to do some school work." Emily replied looking at Maya with a look that could only mean one thing.

"School work huh." I replied smiling.

"Yup." Maya said winking at me.

Spencer just kept laughing.

"Have you seen Aria?" Spencer asked Emily after she stopped herself from dying on the floor with laughter.

"Yea she's talking to Ezra."

"Oh. I'm not surprised." I said.

Maya looked at us funny but didn't say anything.

"Well we gotta go." Emily said and grabbed Maya's hand.

"Bye." Spencer and I said in unison.

Spencer's phone rang.

"It's Melissa. That's weird." She said.

"You guys are on speaking terms?" I asked knowing their relationship wasn't the best.

"I didn't think so but..." she said. "I'm gonna answer. I'll talk to you later?"

"Yea. See you tonight?"

"Yea. Bye." Spencer said and walked away.

I sat a while and looked around. I noticed Caleb by the tree again. Our eyes met and he winked.

I made a disgusted face and looked away.

The bell rang meaning lunch was over.