Chapter 13 -The rest of your family?-

It was a while before all of my roommates came back to help me with my situation. America came back to see two glaring countries that were trying to not kill each other in front of me. Germany and Russia came back and pulled their dads away from me. Meri walked over and turned on the TV, switching to the news. I wasn't really paying attention. Suddenly I heard them announce that they just got new information from an anonymous source. "A genetically altered human was found a couple days ago after saving someone who was about to be hit by a car. We don't have all the details on who this is but they have been kept hidden from the public eye. Now John, we don't know if these are just rumors but it seems pretty interesting." "That's right Karen, we are trying to get an interview with current government officials to see if they have anything to say."

I stared at that screen for a solid minute as the anchors talked more about the subject. America immediately got up. "GUYS WE HAVE A SITUATION!" The others came back and America started to explain what happened. I heard them talk about it, their tones getting more worried by the second. I pulled up my legs and hugged my knees, staring at my feet. I zoned out, all of this had to be my fault. If I just wasn't so curious they wouldn't have had to deal with me. If only I had worked more or been more productive I would've never have fallen into this world. Now they have to deal with things I've caused. What if something happens to them? What if they do something to me?

I'm pretty sure the guys had noticed how distant I was because a hand landed on my shoulder. I looked up to see Russia. "Don't worry, we'll deal with it." He said. I looked over at the others and saw Germany talking on the phone with someone. From what I heard, they were talking about having another meet. I sighed and looked up at Russia. "How did this even happen?"

•••

I got out of the car in a hoodie with the hood up, I walked around to the side entrance. As I walked past I could see a mob of reporters swarming the entrance to the building. With a heavy weight on my heart I walked over to the door and unlocked it using the key that Britain had given me. Quietly, I walked in and closed the door. I moved to where the others were waiting for me. "You okay (Y/N)?" America asked as I reached them. I nodded, looking over at the other countries in the lobby who cast subtle glances in my direction. "Since we can't let you be present at the meeting you going with Soviet and Third Reich. Be careful though, you'll be with... the others." Germany said, his voice dropping.

I looked at him confused. "Who..?" Russia sighed. "Our families basically." I nodded and understood what he meant. "Don't worry, we'll be there to make sure you're safe." Third Reich said, gesturing to himself and Soviet. Cherry walked over and put a hand on my shoulder reassuringly. The other countries started to funnel into the meeting room while I followed Third and USSR. We walked down a long hallway and reached a redish-brown door. "Behind me." Soviet said in his heavy accent. Third opened the door and walked in, I held onto Soviet's jacket and followed both of them. I couldn't see much since Soviet was kinda tall but I could hear conversations in foreign languages.

I could hear someone approach the three of us, speaking to Third Reich. They were most likely suspicious about how close Third and Soviet were since they didn't really get along. "And who is that?" Someone said, speaking in a old English accent. I noticed that Cherry tensed up a little while Nazi was silent. I heard Third Reich sigh and turn to me. "You can introduce yourself." He said, clearly worried. I was a little tense and could hear my heart pounding through my chest. So all I simply did was step out from behind Cherry and waved, masking my fear with a smile. I'm honestly glad I wasn't wearing my other outfit because the one I had on now was comfortable. A burgundy hoodie with black leggings.

I saw a few countries in front of me. Some looked very similar to the ones I knew. "I assume you speak English since Third never talks to anyone in English." One of them said, walking over. They had a French accent and what looked like France's old flag design. I saw two others walk over to Nazi Germany. These were, I assumed, the Japanese Empire and Fascist Italy. "So this is the one you spoke of all those years ago?" The Empire said, looking over at me. I moved slightly closer to Soviet since I hated the attention.

I think most of the countries noticed this and stared in surprise as Cherry put his arms around me. What I didn't notice at the time was that Third was scowling. I sighed and looked up as another person walked towards it. I had a hard time trying to figure out who it was until he came closer. It was... the Imperial Russia? He said something in Russian and as I looked over at Cherry his face grew bright red. Third walked over, fuming as he started to yell in German. I honestly had no idea what was going on as Soviet held me there. I looked over at the others who were trying to either separate the two or cheer them on.

As I let out a small sigh, I felt someone grab my arm. I was pulled out of Soviet's arms and picked up by someone else. After a moment I recognized this person as the Germany from WWI. "I'm tall!" I said jokingly as the very tall country held me in his arms. At this I noticed that the Germany holding me had a light red dusted across his face. The argument stopped as everyone seemed to freeze, confusion and fear filled the room. "Stop fighting." The country said, what seemed like an aura appeared around the country. When I glanced over I noticed something odd. Did his head just turn into a rectangle?

I brushed it off as I saw him as his normal self. Of course everyone stopped fighting and was now looking at me and Second Reich. "U-um, can you put me down please?" I said, my voice quiet. Hesitantly the country put me down and I looked around and saw quite a few countries with slightly red faces. It could've just been me seeing things. I looked back at Second and saw that his face was basically a tomato at this point. "Are you okay? Your face is red..." I said as I pressed the back of my hand against his forehead. I felt the country grow warmer as he tried to reassure me that he was fine. I gave up and turned around to see a small handful of absolutely fuming countries. This is gonna take a while.