10. Kiss Day

Adya sighed finally finding him at the corner of the bar. The closer she walked, more clearer the realisation became that he was- wasted! She pushed away the glass he was about to hold and narrowed her eyes at him. "Let's go." She ordered helping him up.

"Don't order me! I am not a waiter" He spoke with slurry speech.

Adya took in a sharp breath. Totally drunk! "Fine." She pulled his hand over and around her shoulders and wrapped her hand securely around his waist.

"I don't.. want.. to go.. with...you." he spoke, his words having untimely pauses.

"Don't. I will come with you." She said helping him balance his body.

"No. you. me. no," he said annoyed. He struggled and finally managed to get free of her hold, and seated himself upon the nearest bar stool. Adya was more than ever determined now. She snatched the glass he had held and poured out its content on the bar counter. She pulled him and wrapped her arms around him. Looking into his eyes she spoke, "Enough. it's night. you need sleep." He was drunk like an addict.

Dhruv made a face as she dragged him out. "I like...your smell" he said suddenly sniffing her. Adya rolled her eyes. A small smile threatening to appear on her face. They were walking along the rail side back to their room with one arm around his waist and keeping his arm on her shoulder.

"You love it," she stated more to herself.

"No. I don't love anything about you," he mumbled, pulling back his arm.

Adya struggled and kept his arm around herself. "We will talk in the morning." She spoke looking at him.

"No. I am not talking to you." He stood rooted on the spot. Adya sighed tired of dragging him.

He walked over to the railing, his gait showing how drunk he was.

"Dhruv, come here." she said walking close behind him.

He nodded in a no. Adya was losing her patience. She knew that wasn't the way out. Taking a deep breath she stepped ahead and stood before him. Cupping his face she made him look at her. "I love you."

He nodded negatively, turning about. Adya looked at him hurt as he walked away. At least he was walking in the direction of the room. She slowly followed. He was about to go ahead when she pulled him almost shoving him inside the room.

"I don't want to be here." he argued in his slurry voice. Adya stared at him and stepped closer unbuttoning the first few buttons. He stared at her. His eyes told he'll fall asleep any moment.

"Don't be here be on the bed." she said gently propelling him. He pulled her and she fell over him on the bed. She gasped looking at him squarely in the eyes. His intoxicated look did things to her like- pull the strings of her heart. He played with her looming locks. Adya was breathing heavy already. The scent of whisky coming from him drove Adya tipsy.