~ four ~

Charisma J.

"Kayla?!?"

I just stared at her in shock. We both stared at each other until I felt August behind me.

"Aye whats all dis- oh wassup Kayla" He moved me from the front of the door.

Kayla ignored him and hugged me so tight. I hugged her back, tears streaming down my face.

"Where have you been?" She sniffed.

"Oh ya know, a little everywhere" I said.

"Y'all know eachother?" Aug spoke.

"Yessir" I smiled at him. "This is my bestfriend, I knew her since second grade" I smiled.

"Oh damn" Aug said.

"How do y'all know each other?" I asked the two.

Kayla looked at him, and he looked at her.

"Y'all in a relationship or something?"

"Man hell nah" They blurted at the same time.

"Well okay then" I chuckled.

"We mess around from time to time" Kayla admitted.

"Oh" I shrugged, I don't really care, it's none of my business anyway. I followed August and Kayla to Aug's beautiful living room.

I sat next to Kayla in the couch. I gave her a once over, within this past year she got her boobs done, got plastic surgery on her butt and obviously some other things.

She was still beautiful nonetheless. I shouldn't be too concerned on her physical appearance. She was my bestfriend, someone who's been there for me. Plus I knew it when I first saw her. Her thighs don't match.

But I mean, hey it's your body, even if we were only 20. She hugged me again.

"Damn I've missed you" She sighed.

"Me too sis"

"Aye imma let y'all gon' head and catch up, I gotta go make a few runs anyways" Aug said,

"Stay safe" I called after him. I heard the door shut and I gave my attention back to my bestfriend, I haven't seen in a year.

"Well I originally stopped over to get my sunglasses that I left, but looks like I came for something else instead" Kayla smiled, that contagious smile.

"Awww" I hugged her again.

"But Charisma please tell me everything that happened, where did you go? How did you end up here? Have you talked to your mom?"

"Okay" I said, telling her everything that's been happening this past year.

-

"Well my boyfriend wants to meet up for dinner, so I should get going" Kayla said, standing up.

"Boyfriend?" I was confused, since she said her and August only messed around.

"Yeah, it's complicated, I don't like August, just the dick" She sighed.

"Mhm, well come see me again" I smiled hugging her.

I walked her out the house and went back in to clean up the tissue we had scattered on the couch. We had a whole crying fest for like 2 hours.

I was happy seeing her again. At least a positive part of my past was back. I fiddled with my fingers, before looking around the house. I was bored and decided to explore.