twenty-eight | beware the beast

T H E L A S T O F T H E I R K I N D
xxviii. beware the beast

"DAUGHTER OF WAR, YOU ARE NEAR

"DAUGHTER OF WAR, YOU ARE NEAR."

She remember feeling sore. Her body ached as another side affect from her overbearing abilities. She remembered being forced into bed by the Doctor, but everything afterwards was fuzzy.

How she got to this place, she didn't know. It was dark, so dark that she couldn't see anything in front of her. All she could feel was the cold and when her power reached out as a sixth sense, there was only the presence of an eerie darkness.

"Daughter of War hear me."

The girl spun around. That voice was familiar, creepily so. "I know you," She called out into the dark. "I've been here before."

She had been there before. A dark cavern, filled with an even darker energy. It was all too familiar. But she wonder how she got there. The Tardis was impenetrable. There was no way she was stolen away, The Doctor would never allow it. But why was it she couldn't remember anything past lying down?

Her eyes narrowed. "Oh," The blonde breathed. "I'm asleep, aren't I?"

"You will be dead soon." It called out to her, it's voice lower than before. "And so will those who are precious to you."

She turned to look behind her. Whatever it was, it was close. Karielle's eyes flashed a lustery silver. "Get out of my head."

"Daughter of War, be wary of me. For I am death, destroyer of worlds, conqueror of the universe." It hissed back at her. "I will be your fall, your final fall."

"Get out of my head!" The world around her flashed, like lightning striking as a consequence of her rage.

"I will be your end, Karielle. And you will be my beginning. You will set me free."

Karielle felt the panic rise in her. She couldn't wake up, not on her own. She let out a breath. "Why can't I wake up?" she squeezed her eyes shut. If she focused hard enough, she could feel herself laying down on her bed, her body unmoving while she moved in whatever dream state she was in. She was still safe inside the Tardis. Yet still, she was trapped inside her own mind. She felt her power surging in her body.

"I said, get out of my head!"

______________

THE TARDIS WAS STILL PARKED IN THE TYLER'S FLAT. While Rose slept in her own bed for the first time in weeks, the other three were still inside the Tardis. Rose needed time with her mother, The Doctor decided. And Karielle full heartedly agreed.

So there he sat, in the Tardis' control room with the lights lower than usual. The Doctor was silent as he sat in the jumpseat with his eyes closed. His thoughts wondering from Karielle to her struggle with her power. He knew there had to be a way to help her, some way to draw it out of her or calm it down.