thirteen | school reunion pt. 4

the last of their kind !

( xiii. angels are the keys to the universe )

Karielle slammed Sarah Jane's car door shut along with the other four. They all stood in the parking lot as children made their daily routines to school. "Rose and Sarah, you go to the Maths room. Crack open those computers," The Doctor order the two girls. He reached into his pocket for his screwdriver, but couldn't find it. He patted his pockets before looking at Karielle, who stood beside him, holding the sonic out. "I need to see the hardware inside." He continued, taking the thing from the archangel and then passing it to Sarah Jane, not even commenting on how she could have gotten it. "You might need this."

Rose huffed disheartenedly and let her arm, that was held out to take the screwdriver, fall to her side. "Mickey, surveillance. I want you outside."

Mickey jolted back, offended. "Just stand outside?"

"Here, take these," Sarah Jane tossed her keys to him, as they began to walk away from Mickey. "you can keep K9 company."

"Don't forget to leave the window open a crack." The Doctor called, tucking his hands in his pockets.

"But he's metal!" Mickey retorted, throwing his hands up in the air.

"I didn't mean for him." Karielle slapped The Doctor's arm, causing him to wince. "What was that for?!"

She sent him a pointed look. "Stop bickering."

Rose fell in step beside Karielle, looking to her driver. "What're you going to do?"

"It's time I had a word with Mister Finch." The Doctor told her. He wrapped his hand around Karielle's. "Rielle, stick with me. If they're after you, then it's my job to make sure they don't get you. You're not leaving my side."

She rolled her eyes. "I can take care of myself, you know."

He cracked a grin at her. "Never doubted you could."

Karielle narrowed her eyes at his words. They seemed so familiar, like she'd heard them before. She shook her head, brushing her thoughts off and followed The Doctor into the school.

_____

Karielle looked over the railing of a flight of stairs as Finch walked by. He stopped and looked up at her. She held her head high and walked away. He knew where to go.

_____

Karielle and The Doctor walked into the swimming pool room. Opposite of them, standing across the pool, was Finch. "Who are you?" The Doctor called over to Mr. Finch, keeping a tight grip on Karielle's hand. Like her with him, he felt insanely protective of her. She was his companion. But he couldn't remember ever feeling like this with Rose. Then again, Rose never had aliens after her.