twenty-seven | when i see you again

T H E L A S T O F T H E I R K I N D
xxvii. when i see you again

KARIELLE SWORE SHE WOULD NEVER FLY BY BLIMPS AGAIN, NOT AFTER LUMIC ALMOST KILLED HER

KARIELLE SWORE SHE WOULD NEVER FLY BY BLIMPS AGAIN, NOT AFTER LUMIC ALMOST KILLED HER. There was no way in hell. But she was alive, and so was Rose, her dad, Mickey, Lucifer, and of course The Doctor. They all made it back. Now, all that was left was Rose's goodbye, which Karielle knew would be the most difficult part of the trip, because he couldn't come with them. He wouldn't want too, and they'd have to leave him behind. What Karielle wasn't expecting was Mickey, and his change of heart.

The Angel followed The Doctor into the Tardis. Nothing was said as he placed the power cell into the console. They watched as the beloved machine began to come back to life. The Doctor grinned over at the girl, who weakly returned it. He noticed the tired look in her eyes, a look that practically screamed she'd collapse from exhaustion in any second, and nodded. His hand met her forehead. She was burning up and from what she had told him, Angels don't get sick, so that couldn't be good.

Her eyes shut as he cupped her flushed face. "I'll get Lucifer, Mickey and Rose. Stay here."

She nodded. He passed by her, and she watched him exit the Tardis, leaving the door cracked behind him. She briefly heard him call to Rose, "Rose? I've only got five minutes of power. We've got to go."

Karielle took a seat on the jump-seat. The blonde brought her knees up to her chest and let out a shaky breath. She felt utterly weak. Everytime she took a breath, her lungs burned. Everytime she moved, her chest ached intensely. All the power she had stored up was killing her on the inside. She could feel it.

It's essence was dark, and the longer it takes for her to grow into it, or the longer it takes for her now part human-part angel body to adjust, the closer she comes to her last life. She had no way to control it. She struggled with it enough as an archangel. Being half of one just lowered her chances of survival.

"It's radiating off of you, Kar." Lucifer suddenly spoke up. While she was so deep in thought, he entered the Tardis to check on her. As soon as he entered the room however, he could practically see it radiating off of her in waves. "You're body won't contain it for long."

"Don't you think I'm aware of that?" Karielle snapped, her head snapping up as well to glare at her brother. "I'm irritable. I'm shaky. I can't even use my power properly without it taking over." She ran a hand through her hair. "It'll take months for my body to restore itself from the fall, but it may not even get the chance if I keep all of this energy stored." The girl shook her head and wrapped her arms around her legs, resting her head on top of them. "I'm useless to them this way."

Lucifer studied his sister. "What worries you more, dying or becoming useless to you're new friends?" The girl didn't answer, because Lucifer already knew. Her lifetimes of abandonment issues were finally resurfacing. She was scared that once they realized she couldn't use her power than they wouldn't need her, that they'd leave her.