Chapter 9 Mission Field

Once I reach the top floor of the Tower, I see Steve standing there, waiting for me. I glance down to make sure I have my bag before walking over to him. He looks displeased. Steve's blue eyes narrowed and his arms cruised over his chest.

"What? Not late." I snap at him, mimicking his stance a few feet from him.

"What did I walk in on." He demanded more than asked of me, his voice form and tight.

"Exactly what I told you, jackass. " I spit my words.

"Language. I don't buy it." I take a few steps towards the super soldier, becoming toe to toe with him.

"This is EXACTLY why I never come to YOU for ANYTHING." I spit my words angrily at him.

"I. Can't. Trust. YOU!!" I shout at Steve and slam my hand against his chest. He stumbles backwards, eyes wide. My body radiates with anger as I stare at him. Steve pulls his finger up to his ear and mutters something before addressing me again.

"But you can trust the God of lies and mischief. He's just going to use you, Nikole." I stride towards Steve, my steps showing my anger.

"You don't know him. Tell me, Jackass, what's his favorite part time?" A low growl forms in my throat.

"Pulling pranks." Steve smirks, thinking he's right.

"WRONG. Loki's favorite part time is to get somewhere high and watch the cars pass below while he relaxes." My voice comes out firm and angrily. Steve stays collected as I shout another question.

"What's his favorite late night activity?" I barely hear the footsteps rapidly moving towards me. Steve stays silent inn from of me.

"Answer me Steve, damn it!" I slam my palm against his chest, making him fly backwards and into the crates with feet behind him.

"NICOLE!" A new voice shouts as i get slammed to the ground. A brown haired man sits on my lower stomach and puns my hands to the floor. I glare at the newcomer, not realizing my sparring partner.

"I bested Steve. Don't think I can't best you." I spit into his face, and he doesn't flinch or wipe it off.

"Nikole. You need to calm down." The man speaks gently. I writhe in his grip, and he tightens it.

"I said calm down, Nikole." I glare at the brunette and keep moving under him, trying to break free.

"Nikole, please doll. Relax." I hesitate and look at him, my vision slowly becoming focused at the nickname. I shake my head to clear the anger fog it was in. I quickly recognize him.

"Bucky?" I whisper and relax. He nods and smiles at me but keeps his grip on my wrists.

"Bucky? What happened?" I ask and shift under him. Bucky slowly loosens his grip. He slowly looks over at Steve, who's crawling slowly into a standing position. I look at Steve as well and gasp softly.

"Did I do that?" I whisper, and Bucky nods.

"Shit. Not again." I mutter and close my eyes. Bucky slowly gets off of me to talk to Steve.

I carefully sit up, frustrated at myself for losing control again. My hands come up to my face as I sigh softly.

"I'm an idiot." I mutter, pulling my hands back to see Bucky look over at me, hearing what I said, before turning to speak to Steve again. I quickly pull mangy emerald gloves on and walk slowly into the jet, head down and shoulders sagging. I cover my face again, sitting as far from the pilot's seat as possible.

A few minutes pass, I hear too pairs of steps walking towards me. I don't look up.

"Nikole. Doll, please look at me." I hear Bucky whisper and shift.I don't look up.