Chapter 2 Meeting The Family

I woke early in the morning, still wearing the clothes from the night before, my phone in hand. Sitting up, my back pops, and I walk to the bathroom. Someone knocks at my door and I wave them away, even though they can't see it. The person knocks again and I groan, walking to the door. I open it and see Steve standing there. I groan again and go to shut the door; he slips into my room and grabs my arm. I jerk in his grip.

"Let go." I state firmly and groggy. He doesn't let go and I get angry. I shoot some electricity into his hand, forcing Steve to let go.

"Then listen to me. I know I'm not your father. But I am in charge here. And you will listen to my instructions. We could have needed you last night and you weren't here." I turn around sharply, pressing my face to his like I did last night.

" you have never let me help on a mission. Last night would have been no different. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go to the bathroom. " I turn sharply again and walk into my bathroom, relieving myself quickly. I walk out after swiftly washing my hands to see Tony where Steve was.

"Where's steve?" I notice we were the only two on the room.

" not important Nikole. Are you ok? " I look at him, confused. Did he just ask if I was ok?

"What do you think? I never had a family. And you're new to me. I was fine out with Xaviar." I try to push past Tony, only for him to grip my shoulders.

"No you weren't. We were told of what you were doing." I look up at him, starting to shake with anger and some sadness.

" get out. " I order tony.

"You ran every night. You exposed yourself to the public. And you made friends with normal people. All before you were allowed to. Must I go into what you did AFTER you were allowed to?" I lean against him, shaking with sadness.

" I just wanted to find my family... " Tony hugs me and pats my back, clearly unsure of what to do. I push against him and storm from the room. I opened up. The last time I did that- I make it down the hallway before slumping against the wall, crying. I can't do that again. Tony must have followed me as he pulls me into another hug, right there on the floor for anyone to see if they just walked past.

After I stop, Tony pulls back and looks at me.

"Better?" I nod and stand again, wiping my face from tears. Tony stands as well and leads me into the kitchen. I sit at the bar part of it and reach over, searching for the vodka bottle.

"No. It's too early for that." Tony swats my hand away and calls for Steve. And I'm too young for it. I stand and walk from the room the moment Tony calls. No. Not today. I walk swiftly, no idea where I'm going. I collide with someone in the hallway, and they instantly put their hands around me. I look up to see Loki again. I smile and lean against him.

"You seem like the only one who understands..." I mutter to myself. He pulls back, looks around, then leads me to the elevator.

" they don't understand the unique and gifted. People like us. " Loki speaks once we get to the elevator and punches in a combination I know so well. The top floor.

"I'm not gifted. I'm cursed." I look at the ground as the elevator goes up. I hear Loki shift to face me.

" and I am not? Nikole, look at me. " I look up slowly. Loki had switched from his Asgardian form to his Jotun one. I knew I couldn't touch him without getting hurt, but I suddenly had the urge to hug him. Loki smiles and returns to Asgardian. I hug him softly once he returns. The elevator doors ding and open to the floor, Loki pulls me to the roof and we sit on the edge again.