Stranger

Alex is still deep into the embarce. Pouring her heart and soul into her sister. She bites her lip, willing back her sobs. At first, Kara was hesitant. Alex had felt Kara trying to slip away and clam up, as if Alex was trying to hurt her, but she melted. Her whole body went limp in her hold, feeling her heart stop. After a moment, with shaky hands, Kara pulled herself into her long lost sister.

She clung to her warm and gentle body, like holding onto life itself. She shook harder, tears streaming down Kara's cheeks as her puny arms grasped around Alex as hard as they could. It was like seeing a ghost.

They say nothing, just hold each other up, as if they both might crumble if one lets go. Alex is so scared to release her, scared that something from the dark might leap out of hell and snatch Kara up all over again.

And Kara is so scared to let go, scared that if she does the world around her would dissolve and she would wake up in chains...all over again.

The young kryptonian has been dreaming about this moment for longer than she can remember. She tightens around her, the grip still weak, but as strong as her muscles will allow. Maybe if she holds on hard enough, or long enough, it won't fade away and slip through her fingertips.

A single hot and salty tear dripped down her cheek, and she knew it was real.

Finally, she was home.

Finally, she could be at peace.

Finally, she could see her loved ones.

Finally, she wasn't at war.

Finally.

For a split second, Alex is almost too wrapped up too notice the blaring sirens and flashing red lights. Security Breach, Code Red, Security Breach...

She reluctantly pulls away and swings her head at J'onn. "The prisoner in cell 19 is loose."

Kara's and Alex's eye widen at the same time. They both are about to race off from reflex, off to save the world as if it was counting on them, but the duo remember at the same time. They almost smack their heads out of stupidity. They look back at Kara. But the stretcher is empty, the sheets ruffled. Alex's heart dropped.

She looks at J'onn. "You go and find Kara, I'll go and take down the other Kara." Alex says. He shakes his head. "No, the last fight didn't go so well. Go, be there for your sister."

She knows that isn't a discussion, so she nods and they both split. Taking off in different directions. Alex starts to wonder the halls, knowing she couldn't have gone far. J'onn sprints past the corridors, searching for the escaped prisoner.

Kara (the good one) limps down the tight hallway, leaning on the wall for support. Her veins pulse, her heart races, and she is out of breath. She focuses and channels a quick flash, seeing 9B, 8B, 7B. Then she glances at the doors that seem to stretch on forever. 3A, 4A, 5A. She huffs and takes another push against the wall, going from a lumber to an awkward waddle.

The other Kara runs from the agents that prowl the DEO, searching for her, and glances at the labels on the doors again. 5B, 4B, 3B. She's close, Kara thinks. She can sense her other half, like a smell in the air, and the prickle along her skin.

"Kara!" Alex cries, finally spotting her sister. She glances back, with a grunt of determination, and turns, pushing forward. Pushing away from her sister and towards the one who is hellbent on taking them both. She curves around the corner, seeing her mirror image feet ahead of her. Kara clenches her teeth, balling up her fists, and charges.

Her clone does the same.

When she swings her fist at the good Kara's head, she instinctively ducks. Evil Kara stumbles, a groan escaping her lips when her veins glow. When she tries to regain balance, her reflection pounds her fist into cheek. She cries out, sprawling out on the floor. Footsteps grow loud, and then come to a stop. Alex is frozen on one side of the hall, J'onn and a couple of agents are frozen on the other. Alex looks like she's about to advance, but Kara raises a weak hand. She stops.

The Hero Who Had Never BecomeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara