TWENTY-SIX , FLOWER GIRL

Start from the beginning

"Someone's not someone," he muttered, "and when I figure out who that someone really is, someone's in big trouble."

Scott sighed, "but no one's done anything wrong."

"Yet!" Stiles scoffed, "if Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously we should not trust him, right?"

"My parents are Peter and the Desert Wolf," Malia cut in.

Harper nodded. "Yeah, and my dad murdered my mum and probably a bunch of other supernatural creatures."

Everybody glanced to Stiles from the two girls expectantly, Scott raising his eyebrows to see what the hazel-eyed boy had to say for himself now.

Stiles began to rub his forehead, clearly stressed. "Harper, I thought you were on my side?"

The brunette shrugged, "I'm leaning towards it. I was just saying."

Scott glanced at her disappointedly.

"Okay. It's fine. You know what? I'll just figure this out myself, all right?" Stiles picked up the paper, pointing at his friends, "I don't need you or you or you or you."

He paused at Harper, his lips scrunching up as if he couldn't even force himself to say it. Harper grinned at him playfully, amused by his mood. He sighed, reaching down and grabbing her books.

"But I do need you. Come on," he began to make his way out of the library.

"You two make me sick!" Isaac yelled as she rushed after him, making the kid from before hush the group once again, "you shut up, Greenberg."

...

While Stiles' biggest problem of the evening was whether Theo was really Theo from fourth grade or not, Harper's issue was the Biology exam that she had in the morning. It almost felt refreshing to her, in a strange way, to be worried about something that wasn't based around the supernatural.

Stiles had been a little annoyed when she told him he had to spy on Theo alone, but she knew that deep down he understood how important getting these grades were to her. So, he took Liam instead- who was reluctant but also pretty excited to be involved in something.

The Empath was sprawled out across Scott's bed, a textbook in front of her as Scott sat at his desk, rubbing his forehead every now and then. Stress poured off of him like steam, wafting over to Harper who couldn't help but acknowledge it.

"Why did I take AP Biology?" Scott groaned, leaning back and throwing his pencil onto the desk so that it clattered loudly.

Harper jumped a little but smiled weakly. "Because you want to be a vet."

Scott nodded with a sigh. "Why can't it be easier though?" He complained, "it's like they want us to fail."

"Ha," the brunette chuckled a little and shook her head, "I'm pretty sure that the only people that are gonna pass it are Lydia and maybe Theo."

"Theo?"

Harper hummed, "he seemed pretty sure he was gonna pass today in class. I don't know if he's just cocky or what."

"I think I know which one Stiles would think," the werewolf teased, "what is it with him these past couple of days? He refuses to believe there's even a spark of good in Theo."

Harper shrugged back. "You know what Stiles is like when he believes in something- he refuses to let it go. I kind of admire that about him though. No matter how many people tell him he's wrong, he always stays true to himself."

Scott's eyes softened. "You're really in love with him."

She glanced over at the Alpha who was smiling softly. It was no secret that Scott had been their biggest supporter since day one. When Stiles had told him that he had a crush on Harper at age twelve, all the McCall boy could imagine was the two of them together. How passionate they were reminded him of how he and Allison were at the start of their relationship, sometimes making him a little envious.