Chapter Eight - Hello Again

Start from the beginning

I was still infuriated at Steve and there was no chance in hell that I was talking to him unless I received a sincere apology. Tony was going the same way too if he didn't pack it in with the laughing and snide remarks. I sat cross legged under the table, checking my watch every so often. It was 10 to 12, so in 10 minutes everybody would be in here and I had a job of avoiding everybody's feet. 

The 10 minutes passed quickly with me cursing about Steve to myself and soon the Avengers and SHIELD Agents entered the room. I could tell Thor by his boots and Natasha by her heels. They sat down beside each other and I squirmed away from their feet. Three more people entered. Tony, Bruce and Steve. I could still hear Tony snickering every so often, Steve and Bruce were quiet, apart from Bruce occasionally telling Tony to stop laughing. Fury, Coulson and Agent Hill soon entered, taking up the empty seats around the round table. I ended up holding my knees in a curled position so that I wouldn't touch anybody's feet and give myself away. 

"Let's get started shall we? We have Loki in our custody again. He's not going anywhere this time. We have duplicated the holding cell from last time, and he is remaining in there, like last time," Fury's loud voice said. Tony piped up. 

"So? What do you want us to do about it? You need Ava here and you know it."

"Ava Richards's position is no longer necessary. She is not needed."

"Then why call us in? You have Loki, big deal. The only one he will willingly talk to is Richards so why are we here?" 

"Because, Mr Stark, Loki has caused trouble before. We need you all here so we can call you up to help if he does anything. Is that a good enough reason for you?" Fury said, his voice showing annoyance. Tony quietened down and started kicking me in the side, purposely. I grabbed his ankle, and twisted. He squirmed in his seat but didn't make any noise. Thank God. 

"What about Richards's last mission? How far did she get, does it still stand?" Steve asked. I grumbled to myself, which I received another kick in the kidneys for. 

"Nobody knows how far she got for definite, but this time, Loki is a lot quieter, calmer and reserved. Whether Richards had something to do with that is unknown, but likely. Her mission would still stand, if she was here. But she isn't, so that is irrelevant, Rogers," Fury explained. 

"Well, know that Lady Richards got quite far with that mission," Thor said, his voice deeper than everybody else's. No, Thor. No, no, no. 

"What do you mean?" Steve asked, his voice full of worry. For God's sake. 

"He gave her a gift, that's all I'm saying," Thor said, then his feet moved slightly, which suggests he was now leaning back in his chair. 

"Steve, what happened to your face?" Natasha's voice said. I suddenly swelled with pride at the fact that Steve must still have a red mark on his cheek. Tony suddenly burst into more laughter, Bruce stayed quiet though. "Stark?" She asked. 

"AvathrewhimoffasofathentheyarguedthenStevekissedherandshepushedhimoverandslappedhimacrosstheface," Tony said, laughing uncontrollably. 

"What?" Natasha asked, not understanding anything that Tony had managed to say through laughing. Tony just carried on laughing, so Bruce took over for him. 

"Steve was sleeping on a couch, then Ava came in, jumped on top of him, then threw him across the floor with her powers, then they both started arguing and Steve decided to kiss her. I don't know what he was expecting, but it was very obvious that Ava wasn't going to kiss him back. She pushed him away and slapped him across the face," Bruce explained. Steve remained silent and Tony had stopped laughing...a bit.