Prologue

Preston stepped off the platform and took a look around. It was bigger than she had ever imagined and a lot more intimidating. She had dreamed of coming here for a long time, but never thought that she would be wanted.

"I can't believe I am here. Me, Preston. No, wait, I can't go by that name here." she whispered to herself. "Here I am known only as Aero."

She took a deep breath and blew it out slowly. She did not feel worthy enough to even be here, let alone be working here alongside people she had looked up to for years. And the name Aero? She wasn't sure she would ever be able to live up to what that name meant. Not the actual meaning of the name, but rather what it symbolized and the responsibility that came along with it.

Sure, she did as much as she could. When you are blessed with power, the most logical thing to do is to use it to help those in need. But in the years she had been protecting and saving others, she had learned about those who were truly bad at heart and used their power and skills to do bad things to others.

And that's what this place was established for, to find and put a stop to those who were cruel and used their power in a ruthless and hostile way. They had everything they needed here to do that. Glancing up at the deck above, Aero saw more computers and equipment then she had seen in her whole life. Seemed like they had more devices here then at NASA. Operating the equipment were two men whom she recognized only from pictures of them in action on the news. A chill of excitement and anticipation went down her spine when she realized who they were and that she would one day be working right up there alongside them.

Her thoughts were interrupted by an announcement over a PA system.

"Aero please report to Training Room Beta at 0630. Aero please report to Training Room Beta at 0630."

Her orders were given. She glanced at the big clock above her, she had five minutes to get there. Thankfully she had studied the layout before she had arrived, so she knew exactly where to go. She started walking down the hall, anxious to know what lay ahead of her for the day. Would they put her right into training today? Would she get a tour? Get to meet others like her? The anticipation was killing her.

She took a few more deep breathes and tried to distract herself by looking around. Seemed like none of the other training rooms were in use right now. She was a little disappointed not to be able to see others she had only read about and saw on TV, but she knew the time for that would come later.

The training room was the next door on the right. She stood in front of it for what seemed like hours, but was only about thirty seconds, before she got up the courage and opened the door. Starting to walk in, she stopped after a step and gazed at who stood in front of her. A sense of relief spread over her, but she also felt something else, what was it, oh fear. Before her stood two of the strongest, most courageous and stubborn men she had ever met. She was relieved because she knew them both, but at the same time she was afraid because she knew of their reputation as trainers.

She looked at the man standing to the right. She admired him and loved him as if he was her real father. He had raised her since she was ten and she couldn't have asked for a better dad then Oliver Queen. His smile was spread so wide, it looked like it hurt. He nodded to her and she could sense how proud he was of both her and the fact that he got picked to introduce her into this world. The other man stepped forward. He was so close to Aero, she could feel his breath on her face. He was significantly taller than her, but most people were since she was only a mere five feet tall, but his height also carried with it a sense of superiority and smugness that was surpassed by no one.

"Welcome to your first day on the Watchtower. We will be training you for the next few weeks. And in case you might have forgotten, here I am known as Batman."