"Well, if you heard it. You must know that I don't know either. She's always on her wings. Must be around."

Dhruv stared at his mother and then at her PA. He knew there was no point interrogating further. He walked out to find her all by himself. 

It had been an hour, Dhruv was unsuccessful at finding her. He remembered her taking the camera. Maybe she was around capturing scenes. He looked at the direction which was mostly isolated. He began walking in long strides. 

After a good ten minutes, he found himself away from the cruise. He walked towards the trees.  It was then that he noted, footsteps. With prolonged determination he walked. A little while later, he gave up after finding no one. He sat on the log to rest a few minutes before walking back. His eyes fell on his hand. He used the tip of his index finger to caress  the ring finger of his right hand. Once upon a time it held a ring which named him hers. He missed her. Didn't she feel the same thing strongly? A tear rolled down his cheek and fell to the sand and disappeared in no time. He sighed. Why was he trying when it was always her decision that prevailed?

Things weren't okay between them, they fought a lot. Life was miserable. They both tried solving things up. Sometimes, he let loose and sometimes she did. Until both lost their patience. But the things went downward when she brought those papers to him, calling them the solution. Divorce papers. He was mad at her. She was equally mad. Heated arguement led to an emotional breakdown. They both pushed away the thought. 

It worked for a fortnight, after that they were back to not adjusting but blaming. It was hard to survive with a person who lived with principles different from yours. It was frustrating to have your expectations meet a brutal death every freaking day. Hope had to become scarce. 

Until that fight where she called him a controlling pest. He lost his mind in anger and signed those papers. All she had to do was either slap him across the face or pull him for a hug. She did neither. She gave him silent treatment. That stupid mind of hers ruled. She was too much of a mind person. And then two days later, they had another argument that made him call her liar, and manipulative, selfish person. All was gone. She signed the papers, leaving him behind. How happy he was that day! Weeks passed and all that remained was incompleteness.

He got up to walk back when he heard some sounds. He turned to see his wife beating up a man. Oh no! This couldn't be happening. Next, the man fainted and she called someone talking on the phone. Anger flowed in every cell of his. She'd never change. For nothing. He finally got a glance from her. She walked over to him.

"Hi" 

"What the hell? " he shouted, not hiding his anger.

"Relax Dhruv. I can explain. "

"Of course you can. You always have reasons. I don't.."

Adya cut him off sharply. "Dhruv, please not now."

"Really? Not now? You...are still working for the crime investigation special bureau?"