Weeds - Chapter Eighteen

Start from the beginning

Cammy? He names his car Cammy? 

I pressed my lips into a tight thin line , holding in my laugh. I opened the door and slid in,  when Elliott joined me his grin was wider than a teenager who had been gifted the entire content of an Apple Store. 

Elliott's pale fingers traced the rim of the steering wheel and although I was impatient to get on the road, I didn't say anything. 

He slowly pushed the key into the ignition letting out a weird squeal of delight as the car turned to life. 

"Someone's very exited, " I murmured. 

"I haven't been in my baby for almost a month." He sighed almost in a grieving manner. 

I chuckled under my breath, "I'm sure you haven't." 

He was obviously use to driving in the busy streets, of  New York. 

He was calm and self contained as he drove, he hummed softly to the pop song playing on the radio. He wouldn't get mad when pedestrians pushed themselves in front of the car to cross the street. 

Cabbies yelled out from their windows but although their words would make them appear angry, they weren't. 

"Its pretty early, don't you think?" I said not breaking my stare, I had been staring at him for what seemed like seconds but I knew over a half hour had passed. 

I hadn't said anything because for one of the few times since I had met Elliott he looked his age, he looked so normal that I physically could say or do anything that would ruin his mood. Watching Elliott be happy was the kind of moment that I wish I could live in because his happiness made something inside me alive.  

It had been such a long time since I felt something. 

"Well, we are going to go pick someone up for lunch." He responded to the beat of the music. 

I smiled at him as his head bobbed in sync to Mehgan Trainers voice . 

We had pulled into an outside lot where Elliott printed out a ticket stump and placed inside of his dash board. We walked up to a huge grey building that resembled a prison and he held the door open for me which I walked into, I was slightly nervous about going into the building but I held my breath since I didn’t want Elliott to think I was a wuss. 

When the heat of the building hit me with a blast I looked around noticing that the dark oak floors and arches on the ceiling was elegant, the trophy cases that covered the walls, I realized we were in a school from the girls in uniform that walked down the hall staring bluntly at Elliott. I felt the slightest twinge of rage at the looks he got, it was like he was being eye raped, I felt like I had to let them know he was unavailable. I told myself the rage I felt was because of his girl friend Samantha. 

Elliott obviously knew his way around from the way he walked confidently down the halls, he opened a door leading into a large office for me and I walked in. 

A woman was seated behind her desk, she looked nice enough but what concerned me was the woman that stood beside her.A blonde haired woman who's cut was a sleek bob and I could tell that although she looked to be in her forties her physical appeal and state was better than mine. 

Elliott tensed noticeably losing his relaxed façade, his aura became cold and icy a concreate poker face gracing his beautiful features. 

He leaned over to the seated receptionist, her cardigan was elegantly placed on her shoulders but she was in her mid sixties. 

"I'm here to pick up Jasmine Kahn." He said steadily. 

The older woman smiled before tapping away on her computer, "What's your name dear?"