Weeds - Chapter Eighteen

Start from the beginning

The last and most prominent thought was of the boy I had seen , sure in a city like New York a large percentage had to have that specific tone of eight sixth brown but I couldn’t help but wonder. 

Groaning from not being able to sleep I sat up on my bed , grabbing my phone which was resting on my night stand. I searched through the contacts, it was currently  eight in the afternoon  in Stinson , I decided to call Ghost. 

It rang twice before being picked up, "Hello?" 

"Hey, its Riley." 

"Riley what's up?" Ghost asked and I could only imagine her brushing her ginger colored bangs out from her eyes. 

I sighed inwardly, "In desperate need of hearing some f your juicy gossip." Sure I didn’t live off others business but I was still a girl, I still had needs of needing to know how my best friends life was going. 

A loud squeal came from the other end of the phone and I smiled, "You'll never guess what the guy I'm seeing does!" 

"What does he do?" I asked, mimicking her excitement. 

"He's a doctor!"  

"No!" I said, "You've always wanted to be with a doctor!"  

 "I know!" She paused, "Remember a few months ago when I said that thing about doing it in a hospital bed?" 

I did remember that conversation, we had been joking about a list of places we wanted to have sex at and she said a hospital bed, "You didn't!" 

"I did!" 

After hours of talking I fell asleep on the line, it had been good to spend sometime with Ghost even if it wasn’t in person. 

Early Monday morning Kirk and Elliott came over to have breakfast with us, my grandparents were delighted to see them. 

After breakfast my mom had declared she was going to go on a wild shopping adventure with grandmother and Kirk which Bridget and Emma jumped into excitedly, Logan was going to go fishing with grandfather. 

Elliott invited me spend the day with him because a part of me wanted to see what a day in the life of Elliott in New York consisted of. 

Elliott wore a faded yellow The Walking Dead shirt and jeans, his hair was getting long, sprawling along his forehead since it was still wet from a shower. His pale face looked paler than usual and he wore a frown all through breakfast until we made it down to the basement where he had parked his car. 

I picture Elliott as an Land Rover kind of guy but as we approached a blue Mustang I realized this was more his style. 

"Is that a Ford?" I asked . 

Elliott turned his head sickeningly slowly, "You don't joke about that stuff , Riley." 

"So its not a Ford?" I ask looking at it closely, it looked like a mustang to me. 

Elliott stared  me and began walking toward me until he was pressing me into the wall surrounding the car, "This, "He said pointing to automobile behind him, "Is not a Ford." 

He pushed me harder into the wall and it felt incredibly uncharacteristically like Elliott, sweet, calm, collected Elliott. 

His dark blue eyes stared into mine and I looked up slightly, to him I was looking at his eyes but in reality I was staring at his eyebrows. 

He had really good eyebrows, the long hairs were  charcoal black and the arch was perfectly angled. 

"That is a 1969 Chevrolet Camero SS, " Pushing away he slowly trailed his index finger on the dark blue metal of the car, "A real American beauty, her names Cammy."