Part XIV: Joy

❤ Special chapter for PhaYo ❤

Wayo’s POV

I think I drank too much. It was past midnight when we decided to leave the local bar by the beach and head onto our respective rooms in the resort we checked into for the night. This was my stag do. P’Pha already had his two days before, organized by his doctor friends, and I don’t have any idea what transpired during his party. I got so jealous I insisted I also have mine. Beam will be my best man so it’s technically his job to organize the party but he clearly has no idea what to do. However, my friends at the research institute willingly volunteered.

We were eight in total. Chen, the mastermind of this event was a fellow scientist in the institute. Then there’s Dew, another friend who is a biologist together with his boyfriend, Pop. Of course, my brother Beam and his boyfriend P’Forth, and Kit with his new boyfriend Ming.

We started out early in the morning for a road trip, then a day at the beach, and then spent the entire night playing stag party games and drank till our asses drop.

At first, Chen had a lot of plans in mind but was dismayed when he learned that two police officers are joining us. Not to mention, one was the city’s deputy chief. So strippers, gambling, and drugs were immediately out of the question. It’s safe to say, my stag party was a wholesome one, except for the outrageous things we had to do during the games. I can’t help but snicker at the memory of P’Forth stripping in his boxers because he lost to one of the easiest games.

“Yo?” I heard Beam as he peeked his head on the door of my room.

“Beamie~ come in.” I made grabby hands as I sat up on my bed. He gave me a tight hug.

“Ughh, you reek with alcohol. Told you not to drink too much.”

“Hmph, this is my partyyy.” I whined.

He just chuckled as he messed my hair.

“Well, we enjoyed it too as much as you did,” he said.

We giggled. Beam sat down on my bed and held my hand.

“I can’t believe you’re getting married in two days,” he said.

“Who would?” I smiled. Thinking about my soon to be husband, the most amazing man in the planet, my P’Pha.

“I am so happy for you, Yo.” We hugged again.

“Thanks big brother.” I love Beam to death.

“Go to sleep now, I’m sure you’ll have hangover tomorrow.”

I nodded.

He kissed my hair,  and slowly closed the door as he left.

While changing in my pajamas, I heard loud knocking on the door. Who is it this time? I finished dressing up and wobbled to the door.

Chen stood standing with a huge smile on his face. A guy, a very good looking guy was standing behind him, looking at me.

“Hello mister bachelor, ” He nonchalantly pushed his way inside and signaled for the guy to come in too.

Chen cleared his throat. “Yo, this is Benjamin, Benjamin meet Wayo.”

Benjamin nodded just waiting for whatever it is he has to do.

Chen pulled me closer and whispered. “Yo, he is my gift for you,” he snickered. “Only Dew and Pop know about this, okay. I doubt Beam would agree. So hush hush, alright?”

I just stood there, stock still. Gift? What?

“He’s yours for the night,” Chen said and then winked. “Enjoy.”