Second War Begins

Sarafina's POV

"In a brief statement on Friday night, Minister for Magic Cornelius Fudge confirmed that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named has returned to this country and is once more active.

'It is with great regret that I must confirm that the wizard styling himself Lord well, you know who I mean is alive and among us again' said Fudge. Looking tired and flustered as he addressed reporters. 'It is with almost equal regret that we report the mass revolt of the dementors of Azkaban, who have shown themselves averse to continuing in the Ministry's employ. We believe the dementors are currently taking direction from Lord Thingy'.

We urge the magic population to remain vigilant. The Ministry is currently publishing guides to elementary home and personal defense which will be delivered free to all wizarding homes within the coming month.

The Minister's statement was met with dismay and alarm from the wizarding community, which as recently as last Wednesday was receiving Ministry assurances that there was no truth whatsoever in these persistent rumors that You-Know-Who is operating amongst us once more.

Details of the events that led to the Ministry turnaround are still hazy, though it is believed that He Who Must Not Be Named and a select band of followers (known as Death Eaters) gained entry to the Ministry of Magic itself on Thursday evening.

Albus Dumbledore, newly reinstated Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, reinstated member of the International Confederation of Wizards and reinstated Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot, has so far been unavailable for comment. He has insisted over the past year that You-Know-Who is not dead, as was widely hoped and believed, but is recruiting followers once more for afresh attempt to seize power. Meanwhile, the Boy Who Lived..." I read aloud the article about Voldemort's return.

"There you are, Harry, I knew they'd drag you into it somehow" Hermione states looking at the paper over my shoulder. We're all in the hospital wing the day after the adventure to the ministry. Apparently Dumbledore saved Harry and the aurors appeared with the minister. So now they know Harry and Dumbledore have been telling the truth all year. Luna reading her latest copy of the Quibbler.

"He's the boy who lived again now, though, isn't he? said Ron darkly. Not such a deluded show-off any more, eh?" Ron states before taking a chocolate frog. Yep, we all got a lot of sweets.

"Yes, they're very complimentary about you now, Harry" I tell him.

"A lone voice of truth perceived as unbalanced, yet never wavered in his story forced to bear ridicule and slander. Hmmm, I notice they don't mention the fact that it was them doing all the ridiculing and slandering in the Prophet" Hermione explains with a frown.

"No surprise there" I state.

"You-Know-Who's Last Attempt to Take Over, pages two to four. What the Ministry Should Have Told Us, page five' Why Nobody Listened to Albus Dumbledore, pages six to eight. Exclusive Interview with Harry Potter, page nine" Hermione states.

I fold up the paper and trow it aside. "Well, it's certainly given them lots to write about. And that interview with Harry isn't exclusive, it's the one that was in The Quibbler months ago" I announce.

"Daddy sold it to them. He got a very good price for it, too, so we're going to go on an expedition to Sweden this summer to see if we can catch a Crumple-Horned Snorkack" Luna explains.

"Awesome, so what's happening in school?" Hermione asks the others. Luna, Neville and Ginny had been allowed to leave earlier.

"Well, Flitwick's got rid of Fred and George's swamp. He did it in about three seconds. But he left a tiny patch under the window and he's roped it off" Ginny explains.

"Why?" Hermione asks them confused.

"I think he left it as a monument to Fred and George" I state.

"They sent Sarafina and me all these, you know. Must be doing all right out of that joke shop, eh?" Ron says.

"So has all the trouble stopped now Dumbledore's back?" Hermione asks.

"Yes, everything is returning to normal" Neville states.

"Who's divination teacher now?" I ask.

"It looks like Firenze and Trelawney are both going to teach" Ginny states. "Have you spoken to Malfoy?" she asks me. I shake my head.

"I'm going to go look for him now, since Madame Pomfrey gave me the all clear" I state. Then leave the room and go search for my boyfriend. I find him with Crabbe and Goyle. "Draco" I call and he turns to look at me. He signals the other two to leave and they do. "I'm really sorry about your dad" I tell him.

"I don't blame you Sarafina, you had to look after your family" he says quietly.

"But you're my boyfriend and that makes us family. Your family is my family" I state.

"We're not married, so they aren't your family" he reminds me and I smile weakly. "Everyone knows now, that he's back" he states.

"You weren't leave me right?" I ask him concerned.

"Together forever, remember" he reminds me. We kiss each other gently and he just holds me close. "Remember our promise, if either is caught by the other side. The other won't try to save them" he states and I nod my head. The second war has officially began.

The End