Chapter 73

No one's POV

Reyaan's dad (smiling) - Now it's time for the haldi rasam of my son

Everyone starts getting ready for the haldi rasam, the smile on their faces showing the excitement.

Shanaya (smiling) - Can I please talk to Saumya alone?

Reyaan (curious) - Why?

Shanaya (smiling) - Girl talk

Shanaya drags Saumya away from Reyaan while Rudra who saw this follows them to a room.

Shanaya (annoyed) - Just because you stole my Rudra from me... don't think you can steal Reyaan from me...

Saumya (annoyed) - How do you know Rudra? And by the way, I am not here to steal anyone from you... I am here to tell you that if you are trying to ruin my best friend's life... then I will not spare you.

Saumya clicks her finger at her and is about to leave when Shanaya pulls Saumya towards her.

Shanaya (smirking) - I am your fiance...

Rudra (interrupting her) - She is my wife... we are getting married again... so talk to my wife with respect otherwise it won't be good... and Saumya, she is my ex... (starts explaining)...

Saumya listens to Rudra's story and as soon as he finishes the story, Saumya slaps Shanaya.

Saumya (disgusted) - you are a disgusting girl... cheating on someone like that... you know what, I promise you something Shanaya, I will not let you marry my friend... You gold digger...

Shanaya (smirking) - You won't be able to stop me... because even your best friend trusts me more than you... and (turning to Rudra) my darling... do you miss me?

Rudra (disgusted) - Stay away from me Shanaya... or it won't be good...

Shanaya (smirking) - Come on Rudra... you still love me... and if you didn't then why didn't you tell your wife about me beforehand... Why now?

Saumya (smirking) - Because I don't care about his past... I am his present and future... we all need to move on from our past... by the way, if you are so confident that Reyaan will choose you over me... then let me tell you something... I and Reyaan are so close that if the other asks us to sacrifice our life for them... then we will happily do it, without questioning the other person... all I need to do is to find proof against you... and trust me... it won't take me long... ms drug dealer...

Shanaya (sweating) - What?... I do...don't... know what you are talking about...

Saumya (smirking) - Now I remember exactly how I remember you... you are that girl in Mumbai that I saw doing drugs... I tried to get you caught but you ran away... don't worry... but I will get you caught now... I have all the proof now...

Shanaya starts sweating and starts fidgeting around the room to check for something and suddenly under the blankets she gets a gun. She points towards Saumya and shoots her... aiming for Saumya but Rudra comes in the way and takes the bullet. It hits Rudra right on his chest. Saumya puts Rudra on her lap and starts crying seeing Rudra like that

Rudra (weak) - I am sorry Saumya, I have done so wr...wr... wrong to you... you deserve someone better... I...

Rudra then closes his eyes while Saumya starts yelling and screaming for everyone. Aditya who came in first immediately called for the ambulance and the police as he saw that Shanaya still has the gun in her hand.

Shanaya (angry) - YOU! Why did Rudra have to sacrifice his life for a girl like you? What do you have that I don't?

Shanaya is about to hit Saumya but Reyaan stops her and slaps her.

Reyaan (angry) - I never imagined you to be like this... how can you even try to harm my best friend? You know what, I don't want to waste my time giving you a speech that you wouldn't care about...

Reyaan ties Shanaya to a chair so that she doesn't run away and using his first aid skills he tries to help Rudra.

After 15 minutes

The police drag Shanaya away from the scene while the ambulance takes Rudra to the nearest hospital.

Precap - Will Rudra survive?

Next Update: Wednesday