Chapter 8

Gauri's POV

As soon as Saumya, saw us she squealed and hug us but, she greeted us with a gloomy face. I could see that Saumya that Priyanka used to always tell me about has changed.

Me (smiling and noticing Bhojai) - Bhojai... come to say hi to Saumya

Saumya immediately turns towards where bhojai and gives a small smile before running up to her and hugging her.

Saumya (smiling) - It has been so long Anika di

Bhojai (crying) - I am...I am so sorry... I couldn't see the truth behind the lies....

Saumya (hurt) - Anika di, I understand your point of view, after all, you have to support your husband...but I am hurt that the family that I called mine never showed trust on me... it will take time for me to forgive you di... I am sorry.

I could see that bhojai was clearly hurt but I can understand that Saumya is really hurt.

Me (curious) - Saumya, why aren't angry with me?

Saumya - Gauri di, you don't know me as well as everyone else did... that's why I don't blame you for getting me wrong. But the Oberois .... They knew me so well... anyway, come inside... we will talk more inside.

Saumya goes to get us luggage but bhojai stops her.

Bhojai (sad) - I am going Saumya.... I only came to meet you ... I can't stay with you.... My guilt won't allow me to stay here.

I knew that bhojai and Saumya need some alone, so I went inside where Priyanka was.

Saumya's POV

I could see that Anika di felt really guilty, but I can't do anything, because I am just as hurt as she is, maybe even more.

Me (upset) - di... if you ever thought of me as your younger sister, then you will stay.

As soon as I say that, di starts crying, I immediately console her.

Di (upset) - Why Saumya? Why are you so nice? I have been so mean to you

Me (consoling di) - I will get the luggage and then we can all talk...

Anika di slowly goes towards the entrance, while I go towards the taxi to get the luggage.

Taxi driver - Mam, where is the other mam coming?

Me - She isn't coming anymore... but how much was the fair? Let me pay.

Taxi driver - The other mam already gave her ring to me...

What? Why did Anika di give her ring to me?

Me (surprised) - can I see the ring, please?

The driver gives the ring to me and I see that it's the same ring that di got on her 6 month anniversary. Why did she give it to the driver? Didn't she love it more than anything? A lot of questions were running around in my head, but first I have to get the ring back.

Me - How much do I have to pay for this ring?

Driver - The same price as my fair and that is XYZ rupees.

I quickly look through my purse and thankfully, I have enough money. I quickly pay the driver and then go to take the luggage.

Driver - Mam, let me do that

The driver carries all the luggage to the entrance of the house and then leaves.

Precap - Saumya finds out about what happened at OM

Thank you guys for the votes and comments that you guys gave in the last chapter. They mean a lot to me. Please continue to vote and comment.