Memories: Part 1

(Y/N - 4 years old)

You sat near the window in kindergarten where the sunlight always managed to creep up upon your work. As you drew your picture with crayons you saw a little boy who looked about your age come up to you. He had dark black hair and violet irises. "Hey Y/N!!! I drew a picture of you." He said a little too cheerfully and showed you drawing of a girl with two pigtails.

 "Thanks Keith!! I drew a picture of you too!!" You said and showed him the shabby picture you drew. It was nothing compared to his. Then you giggled. "Okay, everyone! Put your pictures away and get ready for nap time." the teacher said. You watched as everyone slept on their mats whereas Keith dragged his hippopotamus teddy bear and came and slept next to you. You smiled as you closed your eyes and fell asleep.

 You smiled as you closed your eyes and fell asleep

(Y/N - 7 years old)

You sat impatiently as you waited for the bell to ring. You were in the 2nd grade and shared only two of your classes with Keith. As you heard the familiar ring outside the door, you rushed out of the classroom and ran into Keith's arms and hugged him. He smiled. "That was the longest class I'd ever had." You said and giggled. 

"Tell me about it!" Keith said. And then you both went side by side and talked to each other while eating lunch. He listened as you spoke to him enthusiastically with your ponytail bobbing up and down in excitement. Even though Keith lost his 'exciting voice' as you liked to call it you knew he was still excited to see you again.

(Y/N - 9 years old)

Tears streamed down your face as you cried in Keith's chest. "I don't want to leave you." I cried. "But you'll have a family. It's everything you ever wanted." Keith told you. You just received news that you had been adopted by a family who lived on the opposite side of the country. It was only an hour before they'd come to pick you up. "I don't want to leave you..." you said to him again.

Keith put his hand on your cheek and wiped away your tears with his thumb. As you looked up you could see that his eyes were a bit teary too. "I'll always be in here..." he said as he poked your chest. You giggled and held his hand as you both watched the last sunset you'd ever watch together.

Truth was, your parents died only when you were a baby. You had no idea who they were, what their names were and how they looked like. Now you'd finally know what it was like to have a family. But Keith was your family. You sighed as you pulled Keith closer to yourself.