Chapter 10

I stand there silently chewing the inside of my lip. I don't want to tell him that my father and sometimes my brother abused me. He stands there waiting for an anser so I just lie.

"Umm Nothing" I say a little high

He comes into the girls restroom and locks the door behind him

He then turns me around and lifts up the back of my shirt and undershirt which is bloody.

"Hey um Tris this doesn't look like anything" 

"Well it is so please get out and let Shai stich up my back"

I push him out and lock the door again

I let Shai stich my back up and clean it, she should really become a nurse

"Hey um Shai?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you not tell anyone about this"

"Oh absolutely if it was me I wouldn't want anyone to know either" she gives me a warm smile not looking up from my back

"Ok your all set Tris"

I look at my back and it looks awesome like a professional did this

"You should really be a nurse of some type"

"Oh I agree thats why Im applying to medical schools all over the country"

"What about the college over on Veronica street?"

"Oh you mean Roth University?"

"Yeah and they have a really good medical program I know that because thats where my mom went to school before she moved to Hawaii"

"I applied there but my dream school is Erudite Intelligence University"

"Yeah but at Roth your mascot is an assassin and the motto is 'We kill the ones that you love the most'"

We both laugh for awhile then try to calm down

"Haha yeah I'm not sure if I want to be an assassin"

"Yeah I wouldn't want to either but Im probably going to go there"

"Why?"

"The lady the college is named after writes books and in one of her books she has a character named Beatrice or Tris for short amd my mom went there so it just makes sense"

"Well Tris your back is all set and reafy to go so lets get out of this bathroom it stinks"

We both laugh again

"Haha ok" I say and we walk out

"So are her books any good?"

"Oh absolutely I love them mostly because all my friends are named after the characters to"

"Wow that is ironoc"

"Haha yeah well I've got to go bye Shailene"

"See ya Tris" then we part ways