Chapter 1

I wake up to the sound of my obnoxious brother Caleb playing the ukulele. Usually that wouldent bother me but today it did. I got up and took the ukulele from him.

"What was that for don't you know im tired"

"Yes thats why I did it" he says smiling

"So has dad come home yet?" I ask looking down

"Ya but he is passed out on the floor over there see" and Caleb was correct there was my dad laying on the floor passed out.

"Can I ask you something" Caleb asked

"Sure" I said still looking at dad

"Why are you afraid of dad all the sudden?"

"I...dont really want to talk about it" I say finally looking up at him

"Okay, you dont have to"

"Okay, good I really dont want to talk about it"

"Well I have to go"

"Where" I ask him looking deep into his eyes

"Work" he says smirking

"Okay, well bye"

"Bye" he hugs me and then leaves. I look at the clock and seeing that it was 1:30 I decide to get ready for the day so I take a 15 to 20 minute shower and go to my closet. I pick out a black and white tanktop with white shorts and flip-flops. Then I run out of my room and step across my dads body hoping bot to wake him and grab my car keys. I then like a bolt of lightning get the hell out of there and drive somewhere far away from home.

I end up stopping for gas because my light is on and I dont want to be deserted on a road in the middle of nowhere ...again. I get out open my gas tank to fill it up, obviously. My total comes up to $47.89 which isnt that much but still money is money. I start to reach for my purse but somebody stops me.

"I got it" a man says and might I add he is hot

"Got what?" I ask mesmerized by his looks

"The bill for your gas" that snap me out of it

"No please dont its fine I can get it"

"No I insist" he says smiling then that was it I was goo

"Well, if you insist" I say all melted like if there is such a thing "Thank you"

"No problem I dont mind"

"Im sorry I didn't catch your name"

"Oh sorry im Four" he says holding out his hand.I start laughing uncontrollably

"You mean like the number?"

"Exactly like the number and im sadden to say I still dont know your name

"Tris" I say finally shaking his hand because I will take any exscuse to touch him wow that sounded...strange

"Very nice to meet you, Tris"

"Likewise, Four"

"Can I get your number by chance?" he asks rubbing the back of his neck

"Oh umm sure why not"

"What is it?"

"Okay its 555- not- happening"

"-happ... haha nice one Tris"

"Thank you" I say taking a bow "So I will see you around?"

"Probably not I dont live here anymore"

"Oh well then maybe someother day, somehow"

"Ya maybe Tris, maybe"

"Well I better go nice meeting you"

"Same here" I waved and smiled and he did the same. I got back in my car and started to drive off when I get a call from my dad, oh here we go.

"Hello Father"

"Beatrice, Where are you?"

"I had to go put gas in my car but im on my way home as we speak"

" I told you to never leave this house without permission, did I not?"

"You did sir"

"Then what in the heavens gave you the idea you could go put gas in your car"

"Im not sure sir, im very sorry sir"

"Ya, you will be get home now!!!"

"Yes sir be right there" I say getting goosebumps. 5 minuets later I pull into my driveway and prepare myself for the hell im about to face. I get my key out and open the door to see my father in his lounge chair.

"Bedroom" is all he says

"Yes sir" I lift my shirt up and prepare for him to whip me the way he does now since he started to drink.

"Now Beatrice do you understand what you have done and why you are being punished? "

"Yes sir" I say already starting to cry

"Very good" he says then he gets his whip and whips me. Every slash brings a new meaning to pain and I cant help but to wince.

"Beatrice, if you dont shut the hell up I will make it worse"

"Yes sir" I say swallowing my tears and my dignity. He whips me agian and this time I scream then that really angers him and he starts puching and kicking me. I finally black out after he punched me a few times. I wake up to see Caleb sitting on the bed looking at me.

"Hi Bea, how you feeling?"

"like I got ran over 500 times"

"The way you look you probably did" he says laughing

"What happened?"

" Im not sure exactly I came home and you were unconscious so I took care of you and according to dad you came home like that"

"Sure I did"

"Do you think what he said to me was false?"

"No, no its probably true"

"Anyway I have to go to work but stay here and rest okay?"

"Alright, fine"

"Okay good bye Bea"

"Bye Cab" I cant take much more of this i refuse to. At that point I knew what I was going to do I was going to run away far, far away.