Chapter 1

It all happened so fast.

The reunion of friends after so long apart was filled with joy and laughter, that was so genuine it bought comfort and security to everyone.

They had said that they had accepted Jin's death long ago but deep down they all waited for him to walk through that door and greet them with a welcoming smile.

Now here he was standing in their front door, a smile on his face, so heartwarming, so unforgettable, they all truly missed his smile.

Not only was Jin back but Courtney followed suit, the biggest shit eating grin slapped upon her face. From losing one to another, to gaining both back in one day was a miracle that none of them had thought they deserved.

The reunion of words and laughter felt like old times of comfort and serenity.

But of course it wouldn't last. They never really deserved to be happy, now did they?

The gun shot struck everyone's eardrum and left an uncomfortable ringing in its wake. None of them were prepared to witness the heart wrenching site before them. The shock hit them when she hit the ground and lay unmoving, eyes staring lifelessly at the ceiling.

Courtney had been shot.

None of them could comprehend what had just happened. None of them could comprehend how quickly the cheerful mood had turned sour. Then their eyes trailed down the ally to see the murderer in their line of sight.

Jack.

Gun pointed down now, he wore a twisted smile complemented with a psychotic laugh.

Namjoon looked away from the horror mixer of your stiff body with Jack's sickening face before him. He saw his friends and felt worse then before. They all were either in shock or crying, all but one.

Taehyung.

The pure, unmasked aggression was visible for the whole world to witness. It scared Namjoon. He'd seen that expression before and he knew the actions that would follow. He wanted to stop him, to comfort him but he knew that his words would only be whispers compared to the screaming in his head.

Taehyung eyes flicked towards the knife Courtney had stabbed into the wall out of anger at the denial of her kill. Funny now to think of that when she lies dead in front of us. Denied a kill only to be killed instead.

Namjoon knew his intentions and he feared them. He didn't want to lose anyone one else because of a stupid desire to avenge her death. That isn't what she would have wanted, if she were still here she'd be yelling at Taehyung for blindly going for a kill after herself being denied a kill for so long.

But Courtney has changed, she no longer had a every second desire to kill. It was only when she was lost in heavy emotions, as it was the only way she knew how to express/repress them.

Taehyung acted faster than Namjoon could predict, tearing the knife from the wall, he sprinted down the alleyway letting out a viscous war cry.

Everyone gasped at the sudden movement. Jimin yelled after Taehyung knowing his murderous intentions but Tae never stopped, sights were locked onto his one target.

Jack was shocked, to say the least. Pulling his gun back up he realigned the barrel of his gun straight between Taehyung's eyes. Jack's hands started to shake when his eyes met Taehyung's vicious glare.

'Who the hell is this monster?' Jack's thoughts questioned as the beast ran straight for him.

Hesitant at first from the eyes of his predator staring him down as he was close to pouncing on him. Jack regained his thoughts in time to clench his finger around the trigger and watch as the bullet shot out, heading straight for the kill.