022 - red paint

(Trigger warning)

HONGJOONG
hey Yina I know
you're ignoring me
right now but I really
need your help

HONGJOONG
you're the only one
active on my friends
list

HONGJOONG
I get that you're
ignoring me but
please after this i'll
leave you alone
Read 9:41 pm.

HONGJOONG
Yina please I'm
hurt

YINA
well you're not
the only one

HONGJOONG
look I'm sorry
for whatever I
did

HONGJOONG
but I'm really
hurt

YINA
People get hurt
sometimes it's just
life

HONGJOONG
YINA STOP BEING
SO STUBBORN FUCK

YINA
...wha

HONGJOONG
IVE BEEN STABBED
JESUS

YINA
WHAT WGAT HWREA

YINA
CALL AN AMBULANCE

HONGJOONG
ITS NOT THAT EASY

YINA
UHM YES IT IS

HONGJOONG
IM RUNNING OUT
OF TIME

YINA
Where the fuck are you

HONGJOONG
the alleyway near the
park by your school

YINA
hold on

———

I ran as fast as I could out of my front door, not bothering to lock it behind me. Luckily, I grabbed the first aid kit that I kept for safety after the incident my brother had. I didn't live far from the park so it only took me around two minutes.

Not stopping to catch my breath, I rounded the corner to the alley which was dimly lit by a lamppost at the other end. Scanning the area, I saw someone sat up against the wall, their body falling limp as if they were trying to keep themselves awake.

"Hongjoong!" I shouted and the said body jumped, tiredly facing me. Jogging over to him, I threw the first aid kit on the floor, not hesitating to rip it open. "Where's the wound?"

No answer.

I whimpered, squeezing my eyes shut. Snapping to my senses, I jolted and cupped the cold boy's face, making his eyes slowly flutter open. "Listen to me, where are you hurt?"

Mumbling, he sluggishly removed his soaked T-shirt and it was only then that I realised it was raining. I also noticed the large bloody patch on his hip.

So many things started ambushing my mind. He was going to freeze, if I don't hurry up he could get seriously ill or bleed out. "Okay, okay... calm down," I told myself and I rummaged through the kit for a disinfectant wipe.

Gazing at the wound, my anxiety began to kick in. I remembered how I found my brother in a bloodied mess that he caused himself, lying lifeless on the bathroom floor. Blood. Pools of blood. He was bathing in his own blood.

"H-how is it?" Hongjoong asked, snapping me out of my mind. I shook my head and ignored my previous thoughts.

The wound was deep, but it was angled so that it didn't hit any important parts. "Your biggest worry is blood loss," I assured him and began quickly cleaning the wound, more worried about running out of time than fully cleaning the wound.

Hongjoong didn't wince, he was unconscious. "Shit." I said, fumbling with the bandages. I managed to successfully and tightly tied the bandage around his waist so that pressure was applied.

"Please wake up!" I shouted as I tried my best to lift him up. Hongjoong slowly started gaining consciousness and helped me get himself up.

"I'm sorry for making you do this," his voice was strained and hoarse, yet the guilt was obvious. I stayed silent, showing my forgiveness by shaking my head.

We arrived at my house after some struggle and I sat him down on the couch. After checking the wound had stopped bleeding, I rushed upstairs and fetched a blanket to warm him up.

"Yina," he said, cutting the silence like a knife. "You're covered in blood,"

I looked at my hands and I suddenly became intoxicated at the sight of it. Memories of me covered in my brother's blood flashed before my eyes and I fell to the floor.

I killed him. It was me. I was too late. I couldn't save him. They were right, it was my fault.

"Hey, pretend it's red paint and go wash it off," I was once again snapped out of my thoughts by his voice and my pounding heart slowed down to a steady pace.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Red paint? Are you five?"

"No, I'm Hongjoong, and thank you very much for saving my life,"

———
Authors note:
Aye bichachos, 3 updates in one day oof...

Everything will be explained soon enough, but don't get ahead of yourselves;)

Jongho is the next chapter and then it's the elimination.

Would you rather the votes be counted so that the one that you voted for the most stops being one of yina's love interests or the ones that you voted for stay?

Also, do you want to keep Junyoung in the fanfic because he was only in the group before they debuted or not?

Hopefully another update will come out tomorrow :)

Love y'all <3