020 - Library

The only thing that could take Yina's mind off what happened on New Year's Eve was throwing herself into another person's imagination. Books. It had only been a couple of days since then and Yina already made herself a regular customer in the local library.

So much was going on. Wooyoung kept making her blush every time she thought of him, San had gone MIA, Mingi wouldn't stop throwing shit at my window and Yeosang kissed her. Jongho and Yunho were the same goofy guys they had always been and Hongjoong still hadn't given up on leaving her alone.

She didn't want him to, she just felt like she nearly fell for a fuckboy (which wasn't confirmed yet— she just wanted to be safe). So she had to keep her distance.

"Excuse me, miss, have you got any books that tell you fun facts?" Yina heard a deep voice ask the librarian. The question arose thoughts about her old conversations with Seonghwa, which made Yina snort. Very loud.

Everyone in the library turned to look at her, including the tall, dark haired guy at the counter. She eyed him suspiciously after being embarrassed, but she swore she'd seen his face before.

For the first time in forever, Yina put two and two together and looked deeply into his eyes.

She would've spat out the milkshake she was drinking if she had one.

Why is it that she was meeting everyone now?

A smile formed on the plump lips of the familiar boy and after saying goodbye to the librarian, he strolled over to her table and took a seat opposite her. Without saying a word, he opened up his book of facts and cleared his throat.

"Did you know," his eyes shifted towards Yina momentarily to check she was paying attention before looking back down at the book, "that donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes?"

Yina let out a breathy laugh to make sure not everyone heard her. "No, I didn't, Seonghwa," She copied his previous action and too cleared her throat. "But did you know that vending machines kill more people a year than sharks?"

His perfectly sculpted jaw dropped. Whether it was because of the fact itself or that she pulled it out of thin air, she wouldn't know. Probably the latter.

Yina sighed and let her head fall to the table, she didn't want to break the fun moment they were having, but she was too stressed. "You alright?" Seonghwa asked, lightly patting her head, trying to comfort her.

She chuckled at his action. "Yeah I guess, just stressed,"

Seonghwa kept his hand on Yina's head and began gently playing with her wavy hair. "You'll feel better soon. I mean, you're Yina, you're never not smiling,"

Moving her head to the side, she glanced at his calm eyes. "What?" He asked, the only visible movement on his face was the small tug at the corners of his lips.

She giggled quietly. "You're just different in person," she told him, letting her eyes flutter shut at the gentle movement of his fingers in her hair.

"Sorry to disappoint,"

"No, you're not a disappointment... you're kinda cute," Yina admitted, keeping her eyes closed.

Seonghwa chuckled. "You're kinda cute, too,"

———
Author's note:
SORRYYYyYyYyYyY for both the short update and the delay
I'm preparing for my exams and I know it's not an excuse but aiksixjds
Who do you guys want in the next chapter???
Yunho, Hongjoong or Jongho?
Lotta love <3