"Let's meet the current council. And then, I will be needing to leave the city for a while."

Nagkatinginan ang tatlo.

"For what?"

"That's a secret for now."

***

When night came, Emy was looking for a chance to tell her plans to Sebastian.

She's unsure whether he will let her leave on her own. But she needs to convince her.

They had just finished a session when Sebastian kissed her and covered her with blanket. He stood from bed and walked towards the table where a tea and cookies are served. He put a tea on a cup and drank it. Then he gave some to Emy.

She accepted it. While drinking, she felt Sebastian kissed her shoulder.

"You are obviously anxious, love. Kanina pa. Tell me whatever that bothering you."

Napahinga ng malalim si Emy. She might really be that obvious.

"Did Calix report to you already?"

Sebastian was quite for a moment.

"About what?"

"About the Royal City."

He nodded slowly.

"I knew Misa won't stop that easily. Her escape was just a preparation for another wave attack."

"What are you planning?"

"I know how Misa will work. She will isolate the Grey City. We won't be able to call reinforcements because she will have the other cities occupied at the same time.

"But when that happens, we need to be prepared.

"I will have the right people work in secret. I will work behind while you are working with your wars."

Sebastian smiled. Then he hugged her. But he was not speaking for a long time. Emy waited for him patiently.

Then he sighed.

"Emy, I really intended to use your mind when I had decided to marry you. But why I suddenly don't want to do it anymore? I simply want to hide you here and protect you at all cost."

Emy rolled her eyes.

"Don't even think of making me your kept woman."

Sebastian was stunned at her term. Then he laughed out loud.

"The idea is appealing." Emy glared at him. "But I knew you very well."

Then he went back to bed.

"Well, do whatever you have to. Just make sure you won't get in trouble."

Emy sighed. First is done. The second one naman.

"And..."

"Meron pa?"

"I need to leave the city for almost two weeks."

Napaupo ulit si Sebastian dahil doon.

"For what?"

"Still for a plan. I need to meet people."

"Why do you have to do it by yourself? Ask Calix people to do it for you."

"I can't. I need to do this personally."

For a moment, nagsukatan ang dalawa ng tingin.

If Emy is not married, she would have just to tell her family na bibisita siya sa Royal City and surely, papayag na ang mga ito. But that is not the case now.

Besides, Sebastian is not stupid. For whatever alibi she will come up, he will be able to see through it.

"I'll go with you then."

"No way. You stand out so much. The enemies will notice you immediately."

"So you are going in enemies' lair. Mas lalong dapat kitang samahan."

Emy rolled her eyes. "Why don't you just trust me with this one?"

"Not that I don't trust you. But danger is inevitable."

"Exactly. Wherever I go, there will be danger. I can manage myself, Sebastian. I will be back undamaged."

Sebastian just looked at her.

Emy sighed exasperatedly. How can she convince him to let her go?

Then an idea struck her.

"If you don't let me go, I won't let you in my bed anymore."

Napanganga si Sebastian.

"No fair."

Emy smirked. "All is fair in love and war. Take it or leave it."

Sebastian looked at her incredulously.

Emy was very nice towards him lately. Halos nakalimutan na niya ang pagiging wais nito.

Napailing na lang siya.

Well, mukha namang nakapagdecide na siya eh. He will have people go with her instead.

***