Prologue

"I have seen many storms in my life. Most storms have caught me by surprise, so I had to learn very quickly to look further and understand that I am not capable of controlling the weather, to exercise the art of patience and to respect the fury of nature."

•••••••••••••••
Life doesn't make sense. Especially mine. My life is pretty much a continuous shit show, the only time I've ever witnessed true happiness is when I saw blood from my fathers enemies or heard their screams. We were powerful and feared among Korea. My father, Kim Jong-Kook, is the leader of his gang called "The Kooks." I used to be apart of the gang ever since I was ten, but due to 'creative differences' I ran.

I ran because I saw my father cradling my mother's dead body. After seeing that moment, I couldn't bare the life I was living it anymore. The gang life was awful. I knew death was always possible due to my father's position, but I thought my family was invincible. After seeing the scene of my father and mother it was like a wake up call and I wanted out.

Two nights after the event I took my things and ran, a week later my identity was changed from Kim Sue Lee to (Y/F/L), I dyed my hair, changed my style of clothing, and stayed hidden from my father and his goons and also his enemies in a studio apartment that I found in downtown Seoul. I have successfully stayed hidden for approximately four months now and prayed often I would be able to stay hidden for many more. I didn't want to go back, I couldn't go back.

Due to me hiding, I was careful and limited myself from leaving my apartment. It was lonely but I got by with money I have made through prostitution and my position in the Gang. It wouldn't last me forever, I know that for a fact but it will be alright for the next nine months.

This morning however, I had to go to a coffee shop that was about a block away from my studio apartment. It was the first time in awhile that I stepped foot out of my apartment and only did because my damn coffee machine decided to be a hoe and break this morning.

"Order for, Ms. (Y/N)!" The barista shouted. I slightly bowed and thanked him. I turned my heal and felt a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something was wrong. I pushed up my mask and glanced around to see if there was anyone around that looked familiar. Since I left the gang without saying anything, I was more alert. I feared my father would be angry and send someone to punish me for leaving under the circumstances. Due to the fear I was paranoid and always kept an eye out for danger.

I made my way onto the street and pulled my hat down a bit. 'Drink coffee when you get home, hurry and escape, Sue," I kept repeating to myself. I walked quickly to my apartment and ran up the stairs and opened the door. I sighed as I took off my mask and sipped my coffee. I than walked to the kitchen to make some toast. After putting the bread in the toaster I heard someone clear their throat behind me.

My heart started to thump, how did he find me? I took a shaky breath and shook a bit. I knew that aura of this person like the back of my hand.

"Appa, is that you?" I whispered.

My father hummed in response. My heart sunk.

"It's about time you got home, Sue-Lee-ah. We need to have a little chat."

••••••••••••

Woohoo short prologue bc they are supposed to be shorter. Chapters are going to run between 1,000 + words where this was only 634 words lol. Hope y'all enjoy!

P.S if you don't know who Kim Jong-Kook is, he is an idol who was in turbo in the 90's/early 2000's. He is also a member of Running Man and he is so funny. (Running Man in general is hilarious.)

Have a good day/night. Drink Water xo