Chapter Eleven: Sticky notes

Start from the beginning

Two things go through my mind at that moment: Holy shit, Cayton's kissing me again, and I bet I taste like popcorn.

I'm shocked for a grand total of two second before I respond, moving my lips with his and tangling my fingers in his hair, abandoning the brush that's still hanging in my own hair. The kiss is desperate and demanding, but still retains passion and softness.

When he pulls away, I'm breathless, breathing heavily.

"Rough day?" I ask. He nods and nuzzles my neck, inhaling deeply. I just hope I don't still smell like butter, or some weird hybrid of my strawberry scented body wash and butter. Butterberries.

"Want to tell me what happened?" I have been trying for days to get him to tell me what his job was exactly. He always comes back seeming stressed, but he just tells me not to worry about it. I'm curious, but I always let it slide in fear that I'll just stress him out more.

However, that doesn't stop my mind from trying to fill in the blanks. So far I have it narrowed down to Mafia leader, a CEO, or a male model. All three seemed like likely options.

How awesome would it be to find out you were kidnapped by a male model? Better yet, an underwear model. Yea, I'd tap that.

"Nothing important. Are you hungry?" he asks, changing the subject. I know that means he doesn't want to talk about it, so I sigh and let it go. For now at least.

"No, I kind of had my fill on popcorn."

He laughs- an actual, genuine laugh that I have rarely heard- and says "I was wondering why there was popcorn all over the carpet." He pulls the brush that's still snagged in my hair out and places it on the vanity.

"Shit. I told Tami the vacuum cleaner wouldn't get it all," I mutter. He shakes his head in a 'you're crazy' fashion, like he was just now realizing it.

Silly boy.

"I'll clean that up real quick. You just make yourself comfortable and I'll make you something to eat," I tell him, pulling out of his arms. I feel the need to go back in his arms, to feel his warmth but I fight the urge. Me and my urges lately...

He nods and kicks his shoes off, jumping on my bed and laying his hands casually behind his head. I roll my eyes and go to the living room to pick up the remnants of our popcorn battle.

"Brave men, you fought well. Your death shall not be in vain!" I declare to the crushed kernels as I pick them up and throw them away, still continuing with my role as princess. Once I have picked up the last of the fallen, I take a quick look around to make sure I didn't miss any. It was only then that I realize it was a bad idea to have a popcorn war on pure white carpet. Stains are everywhere. I guess I would have to talk to Cayton about getting someone to clean them properly.

I put the garbage can back and open the fridge to search for something to make. I settle on premade lasagna, since it's the easiest thing to make next to sandwiches. The furthest my culinary skills extend was making pancakes and food out of playdough, which I don't think will be too tasty.

I wait for the oven to preheat before I stick the lasagna in and set the timer. It's going to take a while to cook, and after busying myself with washing the dishes is done, I decide to see how much I paid attention on my tour of the house.

I end up in his office once again, spinning in the big chair behind his desk. Being nosey, I rummage through the drawers of his desk. There isn't anything of interest, that is until I find a pad of sticky notes and a pen. Smiling devilishly to myself, I pull them out and close the drawer. Me and sticky notes are a deadly combination.