4.2

❝ if i let go of your hand
you'll fly away and break
i'm scared of that ❞

— bts, butterfly

-

“who did this to you?”

sooho asked, pointing at the bruises and scratches on sooji's body. sooji hang her head low, avoiding her brother's gaze.

they are inside sooji's bedroom. her phone,which is placed beside her pillow, displays her past conversations with haruto. dean's half moon is playing on her earphones that's on top of her nightstand. a turtle plushie was on the left side of the bed. balls of papers that she crumpled earlier were scattered throughout her study table.

“im asking who did this to you?!” sooho yelled. sooji flinched in shock.

she felt her tears fall. her hand is trembling. sooho grabbed her wrist tightly. his eyes flaring with rage as he stare at her frightened ones.

you must be asking why did sooho found out about sooji's injury. it's because he noticed that sooji has been distancing herself from him and saying no whenever sooho asks her for a wrestling match. he found it suspicious so he barged in her room and caught her taking the bandages off.

sooji looked away, tears flowing non stop, “s-sooho... calm down” she muttered between sobs.

“how can i calm down, sooji?” his grip on her wrist was tightening. “who hurt you? tell me”

sooho lifted her chin and made her face him. her eyes are flickering as he stared back. “s-sooho” she sobbed, “i-i got beaten up by h-haruto's fans” sooji confessed.

sooho messed his hair out of frustration,“and he isn't there to protect you?! goddammit sooji! i already warned you about this, didn't i? i know you're gonna end up being hurt!” he yelled at her. sooji flinched, tears streaming down her face.

“b-but sooho, i-i love haruto”

“if he really cares about you, he wouldn't let you get hurt! he wouldn't leave you hanging for weeks without a word! he wouldn't disappear the day after you agreed to be his girlfriend! if he's really serious about you, do you think he'll hurt you like this? can't you see that he doesn't care about you anymore?!”

sooho's words are knives that stabs her in the chest. her tears flow down her face like a waterfall.

i know, but i'm still holding on to the littlest chance of him coming back to me, in front of my doorstep, just to give me bear hugs, watch concerts, listen to the same music, take me to lotte world, get me a plushie. i hope we can do it all again. i never stopped from hoping.

i know it's far from happening but i still wish every night, in every wishing star, every 11:11, every minute, every second— cause that's all i can do.

sooho's eyes softened as he noticed sooji's tear-stained face. he slowly loosened his grip on her wrist that left a red mark. he sighed, “sooji, i-i'm sorry” he looked away. “i didn't mean to make your pain worse. i-i got carried away. sorry”

the room was filled with sooji's sobs. sooho couldn't stand seeing her twin sister getting hurt so he pulled her into a tight hug and stroked her hair. sooji sobbed heavily to his chest.

“i will protect you from everything that can hurt you. even if it means taking you away from haruto. sooji, i would”

sooji pulled away from the hug and faced her twin brother, “sooho, please no” she held his hand and begged.

“i want you to break up with him, sooji”

-

a/n. i haven't updated for weeks and this is so short omg yall deserve more :((

it's bc i got stuck with tons of school works. my class will be having a stage play of romeo and juliet and im chosen as the writer argh

and my writers block hasn't left me... yet