4.1

❝ you met all the people in the world,
but you have no time for me,
you're too much ❞

— day6, what can i do

-

“hey hey it stings!” sooji hissed as he poked her wounds with a cotton ball. she slapped his hand away.

he looked at her between furrowed brows, “just shut up so i'll finish this quickly” he sighed, sounding impatient.

they are inside a convenience store. it's now 6 in the afternoon. they are seated on one of the high chairs in front of the window. he is currently treating her wounds.

“yah, bae jihyun” sooji called. jihyun paused from blowing the wound on her left cheek and looked up at her, “how did you know i was in that alley?” she asked.

jihyun gave her a wdym look, “what? i'm just passing by then i saw you lying on the ground. i live near that area, just so you know”

sooji just nodded in return. jihyun continued on treating her wounds. this time it's the wound on the corner of her lips where eunchae slapped earlier.

jihyun inched closer, near her face. sooji's eyes widened in shock. he stared at her eyes, then gulped, then pulled away, “i'm sorry, y-you should do it by yourself”

he avoided her eyes, looking at the shop window instead. sooji's face flushed red. an awkward silence surrounded the two.

jihyun faked a cough and gave her a cotton ball. sooji started treating her wound using her compact mirror, “mind if i ask what happened back there?”

sooji glanced at him, “i just. . . got into a little fight”

“with those scrapes and bruises all over you? are you sure it's a little fight?”

he looked at her intently. she pursed her lips and remained silent. jihyun sighed, “you can tell me what happened”

we just met each other earlier, boi wtf. sooji internally rolled her eyes.

“i'm fine” sooji chose not to tell him, “just a little dizzy. but you have nothing to worry about” she assured.

sooji kept glancing at her phone ever since they reached the store. still, there are no words from haruto since last night.

jihyun noticed and asked, “waiting for your boyfriend's message?”

she put down her phone, “you know haruto?” she asked.

“who wouldn't?” jihyun chuckled. sooji nodded and stared out of the store window.

“where is he?” he asked.

“who?”

“haruto”

sooji looked down and fiddled with her fingers, “i-i don't know. i have no idea” she answered between her trembling voice.

“h-he asked me to be his girlfriend last last night. we rarely talked after that. he isn't walking me home anymore. he stopped saying good night to me every night. i-i never heard from him since then”

“he stopped being a boyfriend to me” sooji's voice slightly cracked.

what is he doing right now? is he thinking about me? did i ever crossed his mind? sooji asked herself.

“he'll be back soon, don't worry” jihyun gave her a consoling smile. “it's almost valentine's. i'm sure he has a surprise for you” sooji tried her best to return a smile to jihyun.

“should i walk you home?”

the two took a walk home despite the cold winter wind. sooji looked up to see the midnight skies with billion stars glistening in it.

“jihyun?” sooji called.

“hmm?”

“if it wasn't for you, i would probably be lying in that cold hard floor till now. so uhm, thanks”

“no problem” jihyun chuckled softly.

they reached the street where sooji's house is at. “you can drop me here. thanks again, jihyun”

jihyun stopped walking and stood in front of her. he stared right in front of her eyes. “eunchae is the one who did this, right?” he pointed at her scratches and bruises.

sooji pursed her lips and remained silent. jihyun gazed at her with a serious face. she avoided his eyes and slowly nodded.

“she deserves a beating” he huffed. his fists are clenched tightly.

she held his arms to calm him down, “i'm fine, jihyun. get home safe”

sooji lied on her bed, her arms spread wide. she stared at the plain ceiling. beside her is her phone which displays her past conversations with haruto.

11:11, i wish we could go back.

on her left is a huge turtle plushie from haruto. she held it close to her, sniffing its scent that smells just like him.

she felt thousands of daggers stabbed her chest as she grabbed her phone, pressing the call button. haruto's contact flashed on the screen.

moments have passed, he's still not picking up.

please leave a voicemail after the tone.

“haruto”

“i haven't heard your voice in ages”

“please pick up”

-

a/n. *googles how to get rid of writers block* ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ