4.0

❝ what if you're somewhere
you can't reach me and
you're crying? ❞

— wanna one, beautiful

-

“where do you think you're going?”

she's now meters away from her school, near an alleyway and is now on her way home when a group of girls walked to her. there were six of them.

sooji tried to avoid them by walking straight, but they blocked her way and to make it worse, they pulled her hair — her braided hair.

“where's your boyfriend? shouldn't he be walking you home?” asked eunchae, that bitch she encountered at the vending machine.

sooji sighed impatiently, “i'm not in the mood to fight with you” she yanked eunchae's hand that is grabbing her hair.

“woah woah woah, who do you think you are?” eunchae put her hand on her hips.

sooji is losing her patience, “what the heck do you want, eunchae?”

“well, someone wants to meet you” she motioned a new girl to come closer, “kyungha, come here”

another girl came to view, which is obviously the kyungha she's talking about. sooji had seen her around and they're at the same grade, “this bitch sure deserves a slap for getting haruto” kyungha said, her arms crossed to her chest.

sooji smirked. eunchae must have recruited a haruto stan as one of her minions so she can use her against sooji.

this bitch is using her brain now, hmm?

“why did he even choose you? there's nothing special in you. perhaps you flirted with him” kyungha added.

“or did you beg him to be your boyfriend?”

sooji simpered in front of kyungha, “do you wanna know why?” kyungha just blinked.

“it's because i'm better than you” sooji smirked.

sooji words angered her even more, so kyungha pushed her. her back hit the hard wall behind her. sooji yelped in pain.

before sooji could gain her posture, she felt a hand grab her neck tightly. it was eunchae's. a devilish smirk is etched on her face, “don't you talk back like that, missy”

“i'll speak whenever i want to” sooji retorted, earning a hard slap in the face coming from eunchae. sooji licked the corner her lips, feeling the metallic taste of blood.

eunchae dramatically gasped, “oh no! haruto's precious girlfriend got hurt! sorry, my bad” then she chuckled.

sooji's hand balled into fists. she clenched her jaw. eunchae chuckled louder, “i don't want my hands to get dirty so i'll just watch the show” eunchae stepped back, “kyungha, do whatever you want”

five girls, including kyungha, walked towards sooji. it's too late to take a step back. one pulled her hair, loosening her braid. another one slapped her, causing her face to shift to the other side.

kyungha pushed her hard, the back of her head hit the wall. she pushed her so hard to the extent that it's either the wall or sooji's head got a crack. sooji put a hand on her head as she groaned in pain.

well, they're messing with a prosecutor's daughter.

sooji hardly shut her eyes as she got dizzy. everything around her is a blur.

sooji felt her body collide with the cold ground. her legs are weak, her head feels numb.

that didn't stop them. they continued hitting her, this time it's even harder. they sent numerous kicks in her stomach while she's lying down, helpless.

someone started to kick her spine which hurts like hell. sooji teared up in pain and anger. she couldn't do anything to defend herself.

she wanted to. she wanted to stand up for herself. she wanted to fight back — but something inside her makes her feel weak.

that is the fact that haruto couldn't save her right now.

the fact that haruto couldn't reach her.

the fact that haruto isn't there.

the fact that haruto is away.

the fact that haruto has no idea that she's in pain.

that she's in pain because of him.

but at this point, she could only think of one name.

haruto.

-

a/n. i didn't update for days im sorry this chapter is too short. it's my first time having a really bad writers block :(

expect that my upcoming chapters will be shitty