Chapter 6 : Forest of Everlasting Darkness

Start from the beginning

The group quickly gathered all the [Mana] and [Prana] they can muster as preparation to fight.

As the Basilisk attacked Seiyana met it head on with her sword she striked with her sword clad in [Prana] and side stepped to dodge the incoming blow from the Basilisk.

Maescia similarly clad her sword in [Prana] and striked the basilisk using an arte of her own.

"[Heavenly Blade Strike!]" (Maescia)
"[Sky Severing Strike]" (Seiyana)

After hitting the Basilisks with their own techniques they dodge the incoming blows using [Flash Step] and prepared to strike once more.

""[Flash Step!]""

Behind them Emily and Leiliana was providing support through arrows clad in [Prana] and Spells.

Each shot made by Leiliana were fired off using several Artes and accurately distracting the Basilisk long enough for Seiyana and Maescia to get out of dangerous situations.

Emily on the other hand is also using magic and also firing off magic similar to Leiliana giving the two, Seiyana and Maescia more room to dodge. She was also proving shields using barriers although not as powerful as Leicia's Shields it was still better than nothing.

The battle was in a deadlock for a while when Seiyana was sent flying and hit a tree.

The basilisk then similarly hit Maescia towards Leiliana and Emily but unlike in Seiyana's case she was able to nullify most of the damage with the help of some mysterious technique she used subconsciously along with Emily's barriers

"[Impact Nullification] [Counter Arts: Redirection]" (Maescia)

Maescia was able to nullify most of the impact using the No-Attribute magic, [Impact Nullification] unbeknowst to her that she used [Mana] subconsciously, and using [Counter Arts : Redirection] redirected most of the force used.

"That was close..." Maescia mutter as sweat fell from her forehead. She then turned her gaze towards the incoming basilisk

Maescia then had thought of a similar scene subconsciously. She then saw a girl similar to her in this scene with black hair in contrast to her silver hair.

Her body then subconsciously moved to re-enact that scene. As her body moved everything was in slow motion she then sidestepped and clad her sword in [Prana] and slashed beside the basilisk.

The force made her back a bit due to the weight and speed of the basilisk when it charged to her. She then kicked it with her foot clad in [Prana] she then charged forth once more with Leiliana and Emily providing support to her.

As they were fighting the tail of basilisk theb hit her once more and she was sent to the side as she used the two techniques earlier to negate the damage to a minimum once more.

While she did negate most of the damage it did give an opening to the Basilisk who charged towards Leiliana and Emily.

The Basilisk quickly targeted Leiliana who tried to dodge. It was a grim situation as Leiliana knew she cannot possibly dodge the oncoming blow and she would get an injury that would let the battle flow into the favor of the basilisk due to her unable to provide support making it harder to fight the basilisk in even grounds.

"I won't let you..." (Maescia)

but before the basilisk could hit Leiliana .Maescia used [Flash step] to reappear and blocked the attack the basilisk and stabbed the hand of the Basilisk as they fell off the cliff when she pushed Leiliana out of the way.

As they were falling the basilisk managed to stab her using its claw which resulted in her injury on her stomach.

"Little Mae!!!!!" (Leiciana)

"Maescia!!!" (Emily)
...
...
...

As Maescia was falling and losing consciousness due to the injury she got when she fought the basilisk. She then heard a voice that carries warmness mysteriously.

Let me take over for a bit little one...

Maescia subconsciously agreed she felt that she could trust the voice

....
...
..
.
◇◇◇◇

Information corner ^_^

[Messenger Stones]
> Messenger Stones were an item created by the Heavenly Sage of Wisdom who cultivated both [Mana] and [Prana] , he made it so that it could be activated by either of the two energy and it was well received by the people as it made communication between people easier along with his other inventions that made people's life better. Although it was used for war it was nonetheless a useful invention.