TWENTY-THREE , BERSERK

Start from the beginning

Stiles and his dad shared a quick goodbye before Harper took the phone back off of him and put it back safely in her pocket. They approached the rest of the group where Liam was bouncing on his heels nervously.

"What do we do now?" The beta asked.

Malia, who was next to him, went to reply, only for her eyes to catch sight of something near Liam. Her hand went to grab the back of his neck and she shoved him down.

"Duck!" She cried as a Berserker swung for them, only just missing.

"Go!" Peter yelled, taking off in the direction that they had been going, everybody following close behind, "go, go, go, go!"

Harper ran as fast as her short legs would carry her, her shoes hitting against the uneven ground beneath her painfully. She daren't look behind her as she ran alongside her boyfriend, knowing that the two werewolves and the werecoyote were right there. The Berserker chased them, grunting lowly, it's bones rattling with every move it made.

They made it to a clearing when Peter suddenly disappeared, making Stiles and Harper whirl around. Malia chucked the sword she had been carrying at Stiles who caught it with a small 'humpf'. Isaac, Malia and Liam had turned to face the thing, claws and fangs already out.

"Go find Kira and Scott," Malia commanded.

The couple took off again, Stiles very uncomfortable with the weapon in his hand. Once they were sure they were far away from the fighting, Harper reached into her other pocket and pulled out a flashlight, switching it on.

She lead the way, Stiles so close behind her that she could feel his warmth on her back. He yelled out for their two friends every now and then, cautiously looking around for any more of the creatures. If one of them tried to attack the pair, they were screwed. They had no defences like the others did- nothing.

"Scott!" Harper tried again, "Kira!"

They halted when they heard small breaths from the opening that they had entered. Stiles immediately reached out and grabbed Harper's arm, pulling her back so that she was pressed against his chest. Harper raised the flashlight, the two of them letting out a sigh of relief at a wounded but alive Kira Yukimura.

"Kira," Harper sighed while Stiles moved over, asking if she was okay.

"It's Scott," the Japanese girl ignored his question, "guys, it's Scott."

Harper swallowed anxiously, "what happened to him?"

Stiles' eyes were also wider than usual, his heart hammering as he waited for the news on his best friend. If anything happened to Scott, both teenagers didn't know what they would do. If it wasn't for him, none of them would even be friends.

"The Berserker. It's him. Kate did it," Kira explained shakily.

"What are you talking about?" Stiles blurted.

She continued, "she made him into one of them. I don't know how, but it's him. And if they don't know it, they could kill him."

Stiles thought for a second, "that's why Lydia's not here," he realised, "they won't know they're killing Scott."

The thought of her friends murdering the kindest boy she had ever met made her heart begin to physically hurt in her chest and immediately she took off running in the direction that they came in. Stiles cried out her name, following right behind.

They made it back to where the fight was happening, both freezing when they saw Peter throw a sharp object at Malia and order her to stab it in the skull.

"Malia, no!" Harper screamed, but she was already flying through the air.

Kira's sword swiped out and managed to chop the blade right in half, making Malia stare at the girl in confusion.