I would have left.

The Duchess sighed as she grabbed another monitor from her escort and walked along the Senate corridors.

"Who knew that there were so many documents you have to read before becoming a part of this grand Republic." She huffed, skimming the next text.

"And still you have not backed out."

Satine stopped and looked up from her monitor and smiled at the sight of her old friend. Then she pouted.

"Still full of yourself, Master Kenobi?" She walked over to him and gave the monitor back to her escort before dismissing them.

"On the contrary Duchess, I've come here to see you, not to say 'i told you so'." They both chuckled.

Duchess Satine had heard about Master Yoda's announcement. Heck, nearly all the galaxy had heard about it. The war was over and the Jedi were changing. This was why she had agreed to become part of the Senate after all these years, as well as the fact it would give her close proximity to the Jedi Temple...

"Now that the war is over, Master Jedi, I find it necessary to follow diplomacy." She pretended to sound formal while she circled around Obi-Wan.

"I was on my way back to my apartment back at the Temple seen as I have nothing better to do..." He lifted his eyebrows and smirked at the Duchess, "unless you would like me to keep you company, Satine... Dinner?" He asked, cocking his arm out for her to take.

"A drink, minimum of two, and that's my final offer." She smiled.

"Done." Satine took his arm and they made their to the bar that wasn't that far away from the senate building...

***

"So Ahsoka and Anikin cannot stop arguing?" Satine laughed as she took another gulp of her Blu Lagoon Cocktail.

"I once heard them have an entire dispute over the way they should hold their lightsabers!" Obi-Wan continued, trying to remember the last time he had a proper laugh over a drink, other than with Anikin of course.

He had always wanted to persue a relationship with Satine. They had once gotten too close, and he had let himself go too far... But that was because she had given him too much to drink. Good thing that he could now order his own drinks, instead of having one from a different planet with different side effects. Apparently, Satine had failed to mention that one of the side effects would be waking up nakid in bed with a painful headache and sitting next to you is the person you shared the drink with. In that case, it was the Duchess.

Thank god that the Jedi were changing. Master Kenobi could now share a drink with the new Senator and not break any of the new Jedi codes. Satine felt the same way, she had always loved Obi-Wan. And when she told him, before the change, he had told her that if she had told him earlier, he would have left the order for her.

They talked nearly all night, and when they finally left, Obi-Wan had to practically use the force to keep her on her feet, even with her arm around  his shoulders. He took her back to her apartment and made sure she was fine and settled before he finally left for his own apartment at the temple.

***

"Have you seen Obi-Wan?" Anikin asked Ahsoka as he picked up Leia in his arms. He led her into the kitchen to get her some milk as Ahsoka stretched out on the sofa.

Padme had been at a meeting with some of her fellow senators all night and had been offered to stay there untill the morning. Ahsoka had come round to see the twins and stayed the night on the sofa. She stretched and yawned before she got up and went over to Luke and picked him up.

"I think I saw him last night, but it might have been someone else because he was acting different..."

Anikin sat down on the sofa and put Leia on his knees, handing her the bottle of milk. Ahsoka went into the kitchen as well and came out a moment later with another one for Luke.

"How so?" He asked.

"Well, for one he was laughing. Second, I'm pretty sure I saw him taking a Senator into the apartment block, and it looked like they were drunk." Ahsoka giggled as Luke made funny noises in her lap.

"Do you know what Senator?" He inquired.

"I believe it was the Duchess Satine." Ahsoka was surprised when Anikin broke out into laughter.

"That's definitely Obi-Wan!" He concluded, smiling broadly.

"Is there something I should know?" Ahsoka looked up at her Master who just continued to laugh.

"Obi-Wan has fancied Duchess Satine since he was a Padawan!"

Ahsoka was stunned! A Jedi as respected as Master Kenobi, could fall in love? Of all the people, she had never expected him to ever break the rules. Of course, now, he wasn't.

"Now the rules have changed, you might consider starting your own relationship... What about that young Senator Bontari?" Anikin smirked at his Padawan who just rolled her eyes but didn't say anything against it.

***

She rubbed her forehead as she sat upright in her bed. She could still remember the events of the day before but they were fuzzy. She got up and steadied herself before walking into her balcony.

She had to tell him... She looked up at the midday sun and thought of Obi-Wan... She had to tell him someday, but how. How would he take it. How would he deal with it? She could tell him anytime she wanted, the Jedi had changed. She could tell him that he has a daughter!