chapter 20

Heyyy lovelies!
Guess who likes you so much and updatimg new chapter ^^
Me!
Its kind of dramish chaoter and even sadish :D but oh well.
Thanks for your votes!
Please review!
Enjoy

chapter 20 A mistake

We spent a couple of hours planning what to do. I told them as much as I could without getting them in danger about the future. And they seemed understanding about me keeping some things to myself.

"I will take care of the bridge," Rebekah announced and I gave her approval. But Kol just snorted and received a glare from blondie vampire.

"How? Let me guess, by sleeping with someone? Because that is the only thing, you are good at that. Ages of practising," he commented grinning devilishly at his sister.

I gasped and I saw how Rebekah jaw tightened but before she or I could say anything Elijah, like always, intervened.

"Kol, watch your tongue before I rip it off," he warned sounding deadly calm, and I could see that he really mean what he said but it didn't help to diminish my frustration with Kol.

He may be my mate, but nobody is going to talk with a girl like that in my presence.

Especially when I like the said girl.

"The hell is wrong with you, Kol?!" I half shouted half growled at him. He looked at me shocked and for a second I saw guilt in his but that disappeared as quickly as it appeared.
His eyes hardened, all softness was gone. He coldly chuckled, but I crossed my arms over the chest and glared harder.

Even if my instincts told me not to. I felt my anger growing.

"Who gives you right to act like some…" I started to say but couldn't find the right word.

"Like a monster? That you wanted to say?" he snarled.

"Kol, enough!" Both Elijah and Klaus shouted in unison, Elijah reached for him but he violently shook his hand.

"No, she needs to hear that." he harshly told them and turned to me.  A cruel smile was on his lips.

"Well, darling, new flash. We are monsters. We are monsters the parent told children about. We all are. We kill, we torture, we maim and we are doing that with pleasure." he spitted the words and I flinched.

"You think I don't know this? You think me as this naive?" I hissed at him.
"I know what are you, what you have done. And hell. I even know what you will do in the future.". I shouted while turning to them.

I didn't even realised how we were all standing in the middle of the room.

"But guess what? I'm still here even if I had a real chance of coming home," I shouted while clenching my wrists in anger and frustration.

"Then why you stayed?" Elijah finally asked the question I have asked myself since Esther proposal?

Why did I stay?

What made me refuse the chance to be with my family?

My family

I was silent for a moment.

"Maybe I made a mistake by staying." I murmured almost inaudibly but unfortunately, they still heard it.

The same second I said that, was the second I realised what I said. Dread filled my body.

My hands covered my mouth I watched how the sadness and hurt clouded their features.

What have I done?

"I…I…didn't mean it." I stammered in horror. What have I done? I felt my throat clenching in panic.

They just stared at me blankly, but I still could see the hurt in their eyes.

I was the one who hurt them

"Well, suck to be you then, love," Niklaus coldly stated and without second glance flashed from the house. Kol, with the last glance at me followed him.

I turned to Elijah.

"Please, I didn't mean it. Please, Elijah." I whimpered. He glanced at me shortly. I saw a storm of feelings in his eyes.

"Don't worry, Nicolette. We will take care of stakes," he replied and without any other words flashed away.

I covered my mouth to muffle the sob and blinked a couple of time to unsuccessfully vanish the tears.

What have I done?

I turned around and noticed Rebekah who was still standing and watching everything.
That made me to stop. I completely forgot about her being in the same room.

She glanced at me sympathetically but it didn't stop my lips from starting to quiver.

"I…" I started to explain myself to her but sob racked my body and I hugged myself. "I didn't mean it. Oh god, what have I done? It was my anger speaking. I didn't mean it." I stopped for a moment and hugged myself higher.  "I care about them so much."

She quickly flashed in front of me and cupped my face in her hands. Her blue eyes met mine grey and she gave me a small smile.

"Shhh...Everything will be alright. It will be. Just calm down." she softly tried to calm me down, but it wasn't very successful.

"I will go to talk to them," she explained and with the last glance flashed away.

Leaving me all alone.

It was a couple of hours without any of originals coming back home.
And to say I was anxious would be an understatement.

I was pacing all around Mansion to find something to get me off my minds. Anything.

But unfortunately, nothing helped me. and  I was seriously worried about all of them.
What if they somehow injured? Or even worse? I harshly shook my head. NO!
They are Originals and besides, they are aware of the dangers.

"They are alright, Lett." I murmured to myself and closed my eyes to get a grip on my emotions and thoughts.

Calm down.

Calm down.

After that, I quickly put on some clothes and made my way towards the entrance. I couldn't just sit there with all my thoughts eating me. I needed to do something.

Something useful.

"Daniel?" I shouted to call one of Nik's most trusted hybrids. After the last incident, he introduced me to all of his hybrids and to Daniel, who and 4 others became my personal guards for the occasion when I wasn't in the presence of my mates.

Like now.

"Miss Nicolette," he greeted me with a subtle nod of his head and I nodded back.

"I need your help,"