chapter 11

Chapter 11

After the toast, I stayed with Kol and Klaus. They were reluctant to leave me alone, and I was happy about that.

I didn't know what else Esther thought about me. But I didn't have a very good feeling about that.

And what I could tell from my experience?

Is that you always should trust your guts.

And my guts are telling me that the Original Witch is planning something special for me and no way in hell I'm going to be alone.

While I was again drowned in my thoughts Kol put his hand on my lower back and leaned closer.

"Please, excuse me, darling. There are some things to do." He whispered and I nodded. But before he could walk away I grabbed his hand and leaned to say something in his ear.

"Be wary of the oldest Salvatore. He will try to snap your neck." I silently told him in a hushed tone. I felt my lip curling up.

"And please, show him who is Original."

Kol's eyes sparkled with mischief, and he threw me a lopsided grin.

"As you wish."He winked and with small bow walked away.

I felt Klaus confusion.

"What was that, love?" He raised an eyebrow in question, and I innocently smiled.

"Just a little heads up," I told him while linking our hands together.

LINE BREAK

It was about 10 minutes after Kol's departure when we heard the crash.

Well, vampires heard. Humans were too oblivious.

I would too but because I was standing with Klaus I instantly knew that somebody was thrown out from the balcony.

And I hoped it was not Kol. Even it wouldn't do any damage to him I hate that fact about Damon snapping my mate's neck.

Like in the show Stefan was the first who approached the scene.

I with other Mikealson siblings were right behind him. I was right behind Elijah and when I looked over his broad shoulder, I felt my body sag in relief.

The temporally dead Damon Salvatore's body was laying on the ground while Kol was standing beside him in all his glory.

His hair was a bit tousled but he seemed happy.

Scratch that looked ecstatic.

It will be a good night.

LINE BREAK.

The habit of waking up at 6.10 a.m. in the morning to the university, even when you have no need to go there, sucks.

I can assure you that.

So this painfully early morning, at this ungodly hour I was wide awake.

I was sure that any healthy mind person in this house was still sleeping. Or still not in the house.

Except me, of course. I audibly sighed and get up from my bed.

Even if the sleep was still in my eyes, I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep again. That sucks too.

I slept only freaking 4 hours. 

But hey! I am a student. its normal to me. 
I mentally snorted at this thought and opened curtains from windows.

I automatically closed my eyes when the light of the rising sun reached my vision. There is no need to be blind.

I looked around the room and my eyes caught the red dress from yesterdays ball. It was thrown on the armchair near the window. If my mother saw how I treat that piece of cloth, she would have a fit.

I smiled at that thought. God, mama I miss you so much already. And it was just three days.

So much happened already.

I shook my head to get rid of these thoughts because there is no need to bawl my eyes out about that.

Tears can't change anything.

With that in my mind, I strolled near where my clothes from home and shop were stored. Quickly I choose clothes to fit running. It was grey leggings, black simple tank top and grey jumper, and black sneakers. Of course, I didn't forget two sports bras. Because when you have a chest like mine, running without a least two bras is hell.

It's a thing worse than death.

I chuckled to myself and quickly put the clothes on. Skillfully I combed my hair into a ponytail and silently as possible started to make my way out of the room and towards the front door.

And what can I say, with my clumsiness and a full house of sleeping vampires it was a quite challenging task.

And somehow I managed to accomplish this challenge.

Praise to me.

I silently closed the front doors from outside and felt my face scrunched up went quite cold wind blew in my face.

I stretched my limbs to ready myself to run

"Miss Nicolette, where are you going?" I almost screamed when I heard somebody's voice. I quickly turned around and felt my body stiffening. 

He was a couple of years older than me, dark-haired man. I was ready to scream bloody murder. 

Miss Nicolette? The hell.

"Who the hell are you?"I asked while observing him with narrowed eyes. Ready to scream my head off.

And believe me, I can scream.

"I'm James Denver miss, one of the Klaus hybrids." He said calmly and smiled at me. I narrowed my eyes even more. Hybrid? He wasn't in the show.

"And why you are here?" I asked him suspiciously he shrugged his shoulders a bit.

"Klaus orders. We are watching the perimeter." He told me simply and I felt myself relaxing a bit. "Where are you going, miss?"

I looked at him dead serious.

"Well with running clothes, in the morning where you can go? Obviously, to take over the world." I gave him the look, and he burst into the laughing fit. I smirked.

"Can I join you?" He asked still chuckling. I shrugged my shoulders. It's would be safer. I nodded.

"The more, the merrier."