Chapter Five

Chapter Five Part One: Rylie

I was miserable after the surgery. I felt fine for a day but then I entered the faze of falling apart. I was up to my knees in homework. I thought it was going to be something to do but I didn't understand anything. This is what it felt like to miss school because you lost your leg (which not a lot of kids my age go through by the way). I was also nervous for my first FaceTime tutoring session with Shawn was this afternoon and I was not ready. In the back of my mind, I really think I like Shawn but I don't really want to admit it. He just came out of a relationship and so did I. I wasn't looking for anything to get in to. Especially now. I'm under so much stress right now. I really needed to sleep but I really wanted to see Shawn. He said he wouldn't mind if I looked gross so I wasn't worried about how I looked (mostly).

I needed Sophie-Louise to come in and do my makeup or something. But she couldn't. No one could see me for weeks.

"Mom?" I asked, out of the dead silence.

"Hm?" she looked up from her phone.

"Do you think you could run home and grab my makeup bag?"

"Why?"

"I have to FaceTime someone for a tutoring session today."

"Oh. Who?"

"Just... someone," I shrugged. I was hoping that I wasn't being too obvious.

"Is it a boy?"

"Might be."

"Is it Warren?"

"No."

"Is it Tony?"

"No."

"Is it... Shawn?"

"No, mom just please go get my bag please please?"

"Alright, don't run away," my mom joked.

"Ahh, you caught me," I put my hands in the air. My mom left with that. I looked at my phone; it was about 5pm. Shawn and I's session was at 6pm. I hoped my mother would be back soon so I could doll myself up but not look like I was trying too hard. Our house was only like five minutes away.

I had already finished all of the homework that I could with my knowledge so all I could do was look at my Instagram feed.

The latest post from @shawnklein02>>

It was a picture of him sitting on his couch with hundreds of bags of chips surrounding him. The caption read "Missing someone ;)". I wondered for a while if he meant he missed me or Abi. I scrolled down to Shawn's new post. Caption: "Sorry this is going to be a little bit of a spam." Scrolling...

"Hmm, who is the girl I'm missing?"

~~~

"I guess you'll never know."

~~~

"I might like her."

~~~

"I might not."

~~~

"Who is this mystery girl?"

~~~

"You'll never see me with her."

~~~

"But only because she can't be seen."

~~~

And that was the end of the spamming post. I kind of hoped he was talking about me but then again, maybe he was talking about Abi. But, Abi can kind of be seen. I kind of can't. I wished Shawn or Sophie-Louise or Tony or Warren was here to talk to me.